VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Surprising tech features land these vehicles atop 10-best user experiences liston August 10, 2020 at 10:29 am
User experience' is an awkward name, but it refers to features that are high on customer lists. Good ones make vehicles safer and easy to use.
- Netflix user interface now available in Hindion August 8, 2020 at 3:14 am
Video streaming service Netflix has announced support for the Hindi language across its platform. According to Techcrunch, users can choose the Hindi language from the 'Manage Profiles' section on the ...
- Netflix launches Hindi-language user interfaceon August 7, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Netflix has launched its user interface in Hindi to enable users who prefer the most-spoken language to easily discover, access and enjoy their favourite streaming content in the country.
- Netflix User Interface Now Available In Hindi: Here's How To Availon August 7, 2020 at 3:02 pm
Netflix has shared the launch of a new user interface in India on Friday. The company has now added the Hindi language in its interface. By far, this is one of the biggest announcements made by ...
- How to change Netflix user interface to Hindi: Step-by-step guideon August 7, 2020 at 7:29 am
Netflix today announced its new Hindi user interface. This is good news for those Indians who don’t want to use the English UI and would rather prefer Hindi for ease. From sign up to search ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- The Complex System Behind Breaking Glass In The Last Of Us 2on August 10, 2020 at 12:46 pm
Breaking glass is one of The Last of Us Part II's most satisfying, and complex, little details. GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers. It can often be the smallest of details that make the ...
- Interactive Brokers fined $38 million for lapsed money laundering oversighton August 10, 2020 at 8:37 am
Finra, along with two other regulators, levied fines against the broker-dealer for widespread system failures.
- Global Automated Suturing Devices Market Analysis and Forecast Model with COVID-19 Market Impact - ResearchAndMarkets.comon August 10, 2020 at 3:55 am
Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 market impact)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. This model discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on the Automated ...
- Medical Devices Reimbursement Market Size Worth $1169.8 Billion By 2027: Grand View Research, Inc.on August 10, 2020 at 1:50 am
The global medical devices reimbursement market size is expected to reach USD 1169.8 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 10.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising nu ...
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment remains part of AT&T and isn't being sold yeton August 8, 2020 at 12:07 pm
According to a letter from WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is remaining part of the Studios and Networks group. For now, it appears the division isn't being sold.