VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Best Linux GUIs for every type of useron March 24, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Admins need an open source Linux desktop environment that is all about efficiency. KDE offers a desktop metaphor that is as easy to use as it is familiar to anyone who has worked with any Windows ...
- The Next Frontier in AV is the User Interfaceon March 23, 2020 at 3:06 am
It is easier to count on a single hand the number of UIs in this business that are truly excellent than it is to keep track of the bad ones. A user interface, for those of you who may not be wholly ...
- Limeade Named a Strong Performer as Employee Experience Management Platform in New Reporton March 20, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Limeade, an employee experience software company, has been recognized by Forrester Research, Inc. in its report, The Forrester New Wave™: EX Management Platforms For Large Enterprises, Q1 2020.
- Using Slack a lot lately? It just revamped its user interfaceon March 20, 2020 at 9:36 am
Slack said the update marks the biggest change to its user interface since the platform launched seven years ago.
- Here’s how you can get the redesigned Facebook interface with dark modeon March 19, 2020 at 9:01 pm
Back in October of 2019, Facebook began testing its new desktop user interface. The new design was announced at the company’s annual developer conference in May 2019. Now, the company has started a ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- New text message system 'Whisper' to keep tabs on close contacts of COVID-19on March 24, 2020 at 8:05 pm
A new sophisticated text messaging platform will launch in Victoria tomorrow to monitor close contacts of COVID-19 and ensure they remain in self-isolation.
- Just Noticed Your Cat Sleeps All Day? These 8 Interactive Toys Will Get Your Pet Movingon March 24, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Especially high volume was seen for the $1200 strike call option expiring March 27, 2020, with 680 contracts trading so far today, representing approximately 68,000 underlying shares of GOOG. Below is ...
- TeleHealth Services and Banyan Virtual Nurse System Help Hospitals Respond to COVID-19on March 24, 2020 at 3:22 am
A coronavirus video message campaign was produced to help hospitals quickly inform patients and visitors using their Tigr Interactive Patient Education and Engagement System. Approximately 40 U.S.
- Guide to Interactive Techon March 24, 2020 at 3:15 am
Interactive technology is often confused with various other terms in the tech industry. It stands for the kind of technology that facilitates a two-way interaction between a person and a device. It ...
- VERB Bd Member and Former Apple Exec to Host Interactive Video Webinar to Introduce New Remote Working and Selling Tool: VERB LIVEon March 23, 2020 at 5:34 pm
The interactive video webinar will be a live broadcast demonstration, showcase, and information session for the Company’s new remote working and selling technology tool: VERB LIVE. With VERB LIVE, com ...