VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Knowledge graph technology-based data governance delivers enhanced user experienceon February 4, 2020 at 7:42 am
Key new and enhanced capabilities introduced in 6.3 include an improved user interface for asset curation featuring: right click menus, user-configurable page layouts and panels, drag and drop within ...
- IPVanish review: This speedy VPN has a great user interfaceon February 4, 2020 at 4:05 am
Compared to its peers, IPVanish has one of the best user interfaces, encouraging you to get under the hood and learn the mechanics powering the technology. We recommend IPVanish as a flexible, ...
- When the Best User Interface Is No Interface at Allon February 3, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Healthcare is also a beast all its own. The complex nature of the industry — costly (yet cost-conscious), byzantinely regulated, beset by consolidation — conspires to create a “rusty UX purgatory,” ...
- Hyundai Backs Israeli Voice User Interface Startup Kardomeon February 3, 2020 at 6:40 am
CTech – Israel-based voice user interface startup Kardome Technology has raised a seed funding round led by Hyundai Motor Company, Kardome announced Monday. While the company did not disclose ...
- FICS’ Mortgage Servicing Software Improves the User Experience for Servicers and Borrowerson February 2, 2020 at 9:07 pm
FICS provides clients with the necessary software to accomplish their goals while simultaneously improving the borrower experience.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- The Voicebot Chronicles: KQED Interactive Series Comes to Alexa and Google Assistanton February 4, 2020 at 1:04 pm
The Voicebot Chronicles is a groundbreaking interactive series about navigating a world where humans are increasingly talking with machines — and machines are talking back. If you’ve ever used your ...
- The Britney Spears interactive pop-up has opened in Los Angeleson February 4, 2020 at 9:57 am
never saw the light of day, a new interactive pop-up museum that celebrates Britney Spears's decades-long ... android phones and Shield TVs, enabling the devices to run games with enhanced graphics.
- Florence brings interactive love to PC and Switch next weekon February 4, 2020 at 9:06 am
Publisher Annapurna Interactive hasn't forgotten this game, either, and is now seeing to it that more people get a chance to experience it for themselves. On Tuesday, the publisher announced that ...
- 12 Interactive Dog Toys and Puzzles for the Smartest Pets of Them Allon February 3, 2020 at 2:59 pm
Stimulate Fido's mind (as well as his appetite) with skill-enhancing board games, high-tech devices, and treat-dispensing toys.
- Cord Cutting Deterministic 5G and Interactive Telematic Competition Performanceon February 3, 2020 at 1:36 pm
However, when performances across multiple sites are interactive, the complexity is increased beyond the scale of coverage. Low latency and synchronization of time has to be ensured because of the ...