VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Software developed to help programmers prototype graphic user interfaceson November 20, 2020 at 4:23 am
A new artificial intelligence (AI) system has been developed to help ordinary untrained people to design and create applications and software for smartphones and personal computers. With the help of ...
- JAGGAER ONE 20.3 Enhances User Experience and Adds Supplier Assessment, Contract Risk Analysis and Sourcing Optimization Featureson November 18, 2020 at 8:56 am
JAGGAER’s latest software release offers its customers an even better online shopping experience, a 360 o view of suppliers across the source-to-settle purchasing process, AI-driven analysis of ...
- Planisware Launches a Major New Version of Flagship Enterprise Solution and Introduces Business Innovation Cloudon November 17, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Planisware CEO and co-founder Pierre Demonsant announces the launch of Planisware Enterprise 7 and the Business Innovation Cloud (Photo: Business Wire) First, Planisware Enterpris ...
- Raspberry Pi Home Automation Part 4: Automation and Customized User Interfaceon November 17, 2020 at 9:38 am
UI on computer One neat trick is that you can embed web pages right in your user interface. Click the + icon on the lower-right hand corner of the screen, then search for, or scroll down to Webpage.
- Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 New User Interface Driver Information Moduleon November 17, 2020 at 12:13 am
"The XC40 Recharge is the first of several fully electric Volvos to come and today’s production start represents a significant step towards Volvo Cars’ ambition to reduce its CO2 footprint per ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Smart Device Life Cycles Can Pull the Plug on Securityon November 20, 2020 at 5:36 am
The use of smart and connected devices promises to make our lives easier, but it might also give their manufacturers greater control over our lives. One out of three households in the United States ...
- Hitman developer IO Interactive announces Project 007, a James Bond gameon November 19, 2020 at 6:14 am
IO Interactive, the team responsible for the Hitman franchise, is now working on a James Bond game. Right now it's known as Project 007 and will tell the origin story of this famous spy.
- Tessa Bide Productions Launches THE ANARCHIST'S MOBILE LIBRARY, An Interactive Audio And BSL Adventureon November 18, 2020 at 7:29 pm
Award-winning family theatre company Tessa Bide Productions have adapted their successful interactive live show, The Anarchist's Mobile Library, into an interactive audio and British Sign Language ...
- Through Partnership with Pico Interactive, Ophthalmologists Tap into Olleyes VRP (Virtual Reality Platform) to Provide At-Home Careon November 18, 2020 at 6:17 pm
To learn more, visit www.pico-interactive.com. About Olleyes Olleyes is a medical device company founded with the objective of revolutionizing eye care. Its core product - VisuALL VRP - is a virtual ...
- Military's system to combat sexual assault is broken, survivors say: "It's so much bigger than it seems"on November 18, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Sexual assault survivors said their allegations were brushed aside and they were retaliated against for reporting their assaults.