There is a cheap, safe, chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer. It’s called selenium.
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, so you’d think that if a cheap, safe, effective chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer were discovered, the U.S. government (which pays the bill for treatment of the elderly, via Medicare) would want to get word out fast. As it turns out, there is a cheap, safe, chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer. It’s called selenium. But virtually nothing has been done to get the word out.
The literature on selenium’s prostate-cancer-preventing effects is vast and I won’t try to summarize it here. If you have time to read only one study, probably the most entertaining study to read is the Dutch toenail study, in which 58,279 men aged 55 to 69 donated toenail clippings (which were then analyzed for selenium content). The group was tracked for prostate cancer. The results:
After 6.3 years of follow-up, 540 incident prostate carcinoma cases and 1,211 subcohort members with complete toenail selenium data were available for case-cohort analyses. In multivariate survival analysis, an inverse association between toenail selenium level and prostate cancer risk was observed. Incidence rate ratios in increasing selenium quintiles were 1.00 (ref), 1.05, 0.69, 0.75, and 0.69 (95% confidence interval, 0.48–0.99), respectively (P-trend = 0.008)… The inverse association was more pronounced in ex-smokers than current smokers, and unclear in never-smokers.
The Latest on: Selenium
- Author Correction: Methylseleninic Acid Provided at Nutritional Selenium Levels Inhibits Angiogenesis by Down-regulating Integrin β3 Signalingon March 25, 2020 at 1:25 am
Figure 3A is mislabelled and the corresponding figure caption is incorrect. The correct version of Figure 3 appears below as Figure 1.
- microsoft / edge-selenium-toolson March 24, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Pull requests help you collaborate on code with other people. As pull requests are created, they’ll appear here in a searchable and filterable list. To get started, you should create a pull request.
- What to eat to help your immune system fight off coronaviruson March 24, 2020 at 4:00 am
Research shows improving nutrition helps support optimal immune function. Micronutrients essential to fight infection include vitamins A, B, C, D, and E, and the minerals iron, selenium, and zinc.
- Heavy Atom Effect of Selenium for Metal-Free Phosphorescent Light-Emitting Diodeson March 24, 2020 at 1:31 am
Room-temperature phosphorescence from metal-free purely organic molecules has recently gained much interest. We devised metal-free organic phosphors by incorporating selenium (Se) to promote ...
- Avoid These Fake "Coronavirus Cures," Says This Doctoron March 23, 2020 at 9:45 am
Overdosing vitamins and minerals may give you really bad side effects. Too much vitamin C could cause nausea, diarrhea and stomach cramps. Too much selenium could lead to hair loss, fatigue, ...
- Europe Selenium Market 2020 is Evolving Rapidly with Economic Growth, Demand, and Forthcoming Opportunitieson March 22, 2020 at 2:46 am
The report Global Selenium Market analyzes the strategy patterns, and forecast in the coming years. The report evaluates the market size of the Global Selenium Market studies the strategy patterns ...
- Global High Selenium Yeast Market Competition, In-depth Professional Analysis & Outlook 2020 – 2026on March 21, 2020 at 8:39 pm
The global High Selenium Yeast market 2020 report is a research document that comprises of comprehensive data which boosts and helps the appraisal of every aspect of the High Selenium Yeast businesses ...
- 'BEST AWS, DEVOPS, PMP, SELENIUM COURSES'on March 18, 2020 at 8:33 am
Season’s Best Discount offer. Select any Two Courses from the following list for $ 400.00. Select any One Course for $ 250.00. - Business Analyst Training. - Software Testing Training. - Selenium ...
- Organic selenium more effectiveon March 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm
A study by researchers at the University of Reading and nutrition company Adisseo has shown dietary selenium supplementation of cows before calving can enhance their and their calves' selenium status.
- Selenium Yeast Market Comprehensive Growth 2020-2029 | Alltech, Lesaffre, Angelon March 11, 2020 at 2:18 pm
Prudour Pvt. Ltd: The Continuing Growth Story Of Selenium Yeast Market report consisting of important parts, which present many aspects of the worldwide market with provides more accurate and ...
via Google News and Bing News