A television with a 4K resolution is still pretty rare these days, and also still very expensive.
However, that doesn’t mean there can’t be exceptions. Chinese television maker TCL just announced a new 50-inch 4K HDTV with a price tag of just a dollar shy of $1,000, which is less expensive than most other 1080p televisions on the market today.
How does a 4K HDTV cost only $1,000? Well, the biggest factor is that it’s a cheap Chinese manufacturer, compared to top-quality brands like LG or Samsung, but another big reason for the low price tag is that the TV doesn’t come with the bells and whistles like THX certifications and internet-connected Smart TV features.
TCL is the second manufacturer to provide budget 4K televisions, with Seiki being the first, thanks to their 39-inch 4Ker for only $700 and their own 50-inch model for $1,500. However, the TCL 50-incher costs $500 less, meaning that this is the cheapest 50-inch 4K TV around, and it’s probably the cheapest that big-screen 4K televisions will go — at least until a few years from now.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Apple’s new iPhone 12 comes with a ceramic-hardened displayon October 13, 2020 at 10:27 am
Apple is taking the wraps off its new iPhone 12 lineup today, and a standout feature of the new iPhone 12 is a ceramic-hardened display named Ceramic Shield. Apple says the use of glass-ceramic in the ...
- Innovid Named a Leader in Creative Advertising Technology By Independent Research Firmon October 13, 2020 at 9:28 am
Innovid, the only independent advertising and analytics platform built for television, today announced that it has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™ Creative Advertising Technology, Q4 2020.
- MicroVision Introduces The World's Smallest And Lightest Display Module For Smart Glasseson October 13, 2020 at 7:53 am
MicroVision is already the leading manufacturer of projectors for augmented reality glasses. Microsoft uses these in its HoloLens 2.
- Key display advances seen at DisplayWeekon October 13, 2020 at 7:05 am
At DisplayWeek, a virtual conference this year, the major panel makers demo progress in mobile displays, gaming displays, TVs, automobile cockpits, and AR/VR.
- Insights on the E-Paper Display Global Market to 2028 - Bendable and Foldable Displays Presents Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.comon October 13, 2020 at 4:43 am
Growth, Share, Opportunities & Competitive Analysis, 2020 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- Apple Wins Patent for Ultrasonic Wave Technology that accepts Touch Commands Under Wateron October 13, 2020 at 4:10 am
Apple was granted a patent titled "Ultrasonic touch detection through display" Apple's granted patent relates to system architectures, apparatus and methods for acoustic touch detection and exemplary ...
- Key Patent Innovations’ Subsidiary Pictiva Display International Acquires Portfolio of OLED Patents From OSRAMon October 13, 2020 at 4:00 am
PRNewswire/ -- Key Patent Innovations, an Irish-based company that identifies and invests in high value patent-based opportunities, today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Pictiva Displays ...
- IONTAS Announces Mammalian Display Licensing Agreement With Bristol Myers Squibbon October 13, 2020 at 1:06 am
IONTAS Limited (IONTAS), an innovative biotechnology company focused on antibody discovery and cutting-edge technology development, today announced that it has entered into a licensing agreement with ...
- Global Under Display Fingerprint Sensor Industry 2020 Market Insights – Ofilm, IDEMIA, Holitech, Q Technologyon October 12, 2020 at 9:38 am
A new research study presented by Global Under Display Fingerprint Sensor Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 offers beneficial aspects of the market along ...
- Envisics nabs $50M for its in-car holographic display tech at a $250M+ valuationon October 7, 2020 at 7:02 am
“GM is very impressed with Envisics’ holographic augmented reality-enhanced head-up display technology,” added Matt Tsien, president of GM Ventures. “This technology will help us ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Ultra high definition television
- The best 4K TV for PS5 is heavily discounted this Prime Dayon October 13, 2020 at 10:42 am
This LG CX OLED 4K TV, which we called the best TV you can buy in 2020, is $200 off its original price, bringing the cost down to $1,600.
- The 10 best Prime Day 2020 deals on TVson October 13, 2020 at 9:41 am
Just about everything you can imagine is on sale during Prime Day 2020, and that obviously includes big-screen TVs from all the top brands. Highlights include Fire TV Edition models starting at ...
- These Prime Day TV deals are incredible: Samsung, Sony, LG and more— prices start at just $80on October 13, 2020 at 9:31 am
The leaves are changing, the temps are dropping, and the deals are popping: It’s Prime Day 2020. Our thoughts are turning to cozy movie nights at home, with the latest releases on an epic screen. Yes ...
- Save Big On The Sony X900H & More Prime Day TV Deals To Get Nowon October 13, 2020 at 8:50 am
Prime Day sales are the perfect time of year to upgrade your TV. Depending on the model you buy, you can save hundreds or even thousands on a big screen that can take your TV and movie-watching ...
- Best Prime Day Smart TV & 4K TV Deals 2020: Best TCL, Samsung, LG, Sony TV & TV Projector Deals Collated by Retail Fuseon October 13, 2020 at 8:03 am
Save on 4K, UHD & HD TV deals at the Amazon Prime Day sale, featuring Sony TV, Samsung TV, LG OLED TV, TCL Roku TV, and TV projector savings ...
- These 4K TV deals with Fire TV built-in offer amazing value for Ultra HD viewing this Prime Dayon October 13, 2020 at 7:24 am
And if these don't tickle your fancy, check out the rest of our Amazon Prime Day TV deals instead. The all-new Toshiba 50LF621U21 is 50 inches of 4K, resulting in more than 8 million pixels, offering ...
- Prime Day TV Deals (2020): Top 4K TV, Smart TV & TV Projector Savings Compiled by Deal Tomatoon October 13, 2020 at 3:46 am
Save on TV deals at the Prime Day 2020 sale, featuring the latest Sony, LG OLED, Samsung & TCL Roku TV savings ...
- Best Buy has the best 75-inch 4K TV deal before Prime Dayon October 13, 2020 at 1:07 am
With thin bezels all around, and crystal clear 4K UHD picture, this giant 75-inch Tizen TV from Samsung can turn your home theater system into a movie theater.
- The best TV for 2020: LG, TCL, Sony, Vizio and more comparedon October 12, 2020 at 11:52 pm
The list below represents the best TVs I've reviewed in CNET's test lab, where I compare their smart TV features and the viewing experience side by side to see which ones are most worth buying. I look ...
- Prime Day TV & 4K TV Deals (2020): Top Early LG, TCL, Samsung, Vizio & Sony TV & Projector Deals Tracked by Spending Labon October 12, 2020 at 6:28 am
Amazon Prime Day deals researchers rate the best early UHD 4K & Smart TV deals for Prime Day, featuring savings on 4K Sony & LG OLED TVs, Samsung Crystal & QLED TVs & TCL 4K & Smart TVs Compare the ...