NeverWet can be used on metal, wood, masonry and aluminum as well as fabric, leather and canvas.
“This is a game changer!” says Jim Stinner, the vice president of marketing for Rust-Oleum, the company which manufactures and distributes NeverWet – a spray-on coating that repels water, mud, ice and other liquids. And judging by the demo-video, it really is.
NeverWet can be used on metal, wood, masonry and aluminum as well as fabric, leather and canvas. Its development was started by a group of scientists looking for a new anti-corrosive coating, who soon realized there maybe plenty of other applications for their invention. Some of them, according to the NeverWet’s website, are protecting materials that get damaged by water (“NeverWet coatings have remained under seawater for over a year and reemerged completely dry”); preventing ice buildup on roofs, doorways, electrical insulators, airplane wings; preventing corrosion up to 6 times better than other products on the market; keeping surfaces free from bacteria, such as in hospitals and bathrooms; self-cleaning – the coating repels dirty water and thick oils.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Crews spraying against mosquitoeson July 16, 2020 at 8:32 am
We will take this week off from spraying and start again early next week.” Typically, Public Works continue to spray until early fall, usually around the end of September. Medlin explained that they ...
- Editorial Roundup: Georgiaon July 15, 2020 at 11:31 am
water bowls, etc. If wearing short sleeves and shorts, make sure children have been sprayed with a safe mosquito repellent. Wearing long sleeves and pants works best but may be uncomfortable in the ...
- Homeowners seek mosquito relief as coronavirus keeps more families home this summeron July 13, 2020 at 5:08 pm
Some are finding that candles and bug spray ... repellent and wearing long sleeves and pants when outdoors is an effective way to prevent mosquito bites, it’s not realistic for very hot summer days.
- Mosquitoes in Denton County Neighborhood Positive for West Nile Virus, Spraying Scheduledon July 10, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Denton County Public Health will spray for mosquitos in a section of Denton after one mosquito trap tested positive for West Nile virus.
- How to Prevent (and Treat) Mosquito Bites, According to Expertson July 10, 2020 at 5:13 pm
The easiest way to avoid mosquitoes (and in particular the female ones, who are the biters) is to make sure there is no standing water anywhere near you. “I’m talking about clogged gutters, tree holes ...
- Save Your Summer with These Natural, Non-Smelly Insect Repellentson July 10, 2020 at 7:14 am
To save your game (and your skin) this summer, drop the DEET and reach instead for one of these natural insect repellents.
- Officials to spray for West Nile virus after positive sample in Kelleron July 9, 2020 at 11:29 am
According to officials, the positive sample was recorded within the 8700 block of Davis Boulevard. It is the city’s first positive test of the year. Tarrant County Public Health will conduct ground ...
- NYC Health Department To Spray For Mosquitos In Brooklynon July 6, 2020 at 4:03 pm
The health department plans to apply environmentally friendly and EPA-approved pesticides to mosquito breeding grounds in Brooklyn.
- How To Stop Evil Mosquitos From Ruining Life in Your Backyardon July 3, 2020 at 3:13 pm
Here’s the situation: Mosquitos are attracted to standing bodies of water, which can include ... this is a well-loved topical insect repellent that’s worth a spray! It features lemon ...
- Best Rain Repellent for Windshieldson June 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
This is a two-in-one spray that makes water bead up and roll down your windshield ... it’s extremely useful to have some insect repellent candles with you. Repelling them with candles is easy enough, ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Water-repellent surfaces that mimic insects' wings could be used to develop PPE that is resistant to coronavirus-laden saliva dropletson July 18, 2020 at 4:29 am
The animal kingdom often inspires engineers and researchers from Penn State University hope this could lead to the advent of superhydrophobic surfaces ... This has meant most water repellant layers ...
- Nanostructure of Mosquito Eye Could Help Engineer Enhanced Water Repellent Coatingson July 17, 2020 at 8:22 pm
New discoveries about the nanostructure of insects, such as the eye of a mosquito, could help engineer enhanced water repellent coatings. Credit: Ling Wang, ...
- Enhanced water repellent surfaces discovered in natureon July 17, 2020 at 6:21 pm
Classical engineering theories have used this approach to create superhydrophobic, or water repellent ... Since it works effectively, human-made coatings tend to mimic the low density of these ...
- Superhydrophobic Coatings Market – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Forecast 2024on July 17, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Jul 17, 2020 (AB Digital via COMTEX) -- Numerous manufacturers operating in the global superhydrophobic coatings market makes it fragmented and extremely competitive. This is expected to help the ...
- New coating aims to prevent cross-contamination of fresh produceon July 16, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Texas A&M researchers have created a coating that battles cross-contamination of produce. Researchers say that the coating can be applied to surfaces like conveyor belts and collection buckets.
- Materials scientists eye coating for COVID-19 battleon July 16, 2020 at 10:37 am
Materials scientists from the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Washington state have developed a liquid repellant coating for surgical gloves and other personal protective equipment ...
- Superhydrophobic Coatings Market 2020 Analysis by Global Manufacturers – Rust-Oleum, UltraTech International Inc., and P2i Limitedon July 16, 2020 at 2:55 am
The Superhydrophobic Coatings Market report is a compilation of first hand information qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts inputs from industry experts and industry ...
- Superhydrophobic surfaces toughen upon July 15, 2020 at 2:23 am
The new extra-durable coating could make it possible to employ these “superhydrophobic” surfaces on devices such as solar panels and vehicle windscreens that experience tough environmental conditions.
- A Fountain Of Superhydrophobic Arton July 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Superhydrophobic coating finds a new application in art through [Arthur Carabott] in the form of a bizarre fountain. A Master’s student in the Global Innovation Design course at the London Royal ...
- Transversely isotropic elastic-plastic properties in thermal arc sprayed Al–Zn coating: a microporomechanics approachon July 7, 2020 at 2:20 am
The transversely isotropic behaviour of thermal sprayed aluminium and zinc coating has been investigated based on a combination of nanoindentation experimental data and microporomechanics theory.