What better way to practice being charitable than with a very tiny amount of the Berkshire Hathaway billions?
Warren Buffett’s family has a lot of money, and they want your help giving it away. The only catch: you have to participate in the Learning By Giving Foundation’s massive open online course (MOOC). Only then will you have the power to decide where (a tiny piece of) the Berkshire Hathaway fortune should go.
Over the last decade, Warren’s older sister, 85 year-old Doris Buffett, has given over $150 million to charitable causes–all money that comes from Berkshire Hathaway stock that she inherited from a family trust in 1996. Some of that money has been given directly to organizations, but a considerable portion has been doled out to philanthropy courses at 30 colleges and universities across the U.S. Each class gets $10,000 of Buffett’s money to spend on the charitable causes that they’re passionate about.
The Latest Bing News on:
Online Philanthropy Course
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraising continues in Plymouthon December 4, 2020 at 8:23 am
Participants in the South Shore Walk to End Alzheimer’s walked in small groups across Plymouth raising money to support the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Hydro One partners with ACT Foundation to provide critical lifesaving skills to 110,000 students across Ontarioon December 4, 2020 at 8:18 am
With 80 per cent of cardiac arrests ocurring at home, early CPR can increase survival rates TORONTO, Dec. 4, 2020 /CNW/ - The Advanced Coronary ...
- FOUNDATION IS SEEKING SPRING '21 VIRTUAL PR & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSon December 3, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Calling all digitally-savvy, PR, and social media-obsessed spring intern candidates! Foundation is seeking bright, motivated, meticulous, and self-starting interns to virtually join our dynamic team ...
- Paul Pryce To Direct HB's Hagen Core Trainingon December 2, 2020 at 4:45 am
HB Studio—one of New York's original institutions for theater training and practice—has appointed Paul Pryce as director of its annual acting intensive, the Hagen Core Training program. The program, ...
- Lee Pelton, Emerson president, will be Boston Foundation’s next CEOon December 1, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Pelton will become the leader of the philanthropic powerhouse at a time when a pandemic, recession, and movement for social justice have exposed tremendous need across the region.
- New York State AG’s Report Tracks Nonprofit Fundraising Fraudsterson December 1, 2020 at 8:03 am
As Giving Tuesday gets started, attorneys general warn the public about fraud, just as they do after every disaster. But today, let’s take time to thank them for their vigilance.
- Blue Sky Collaborative Introduces Blue Sky Give—Innovative Peer to Peer Fundraising Platform Specifically for Smaller Non-Profits and Charitieson December 1, 2020 at 7:31 am
Blue Sky Collaborative, a leading provider of online peer to peer fundraising software platforms, today announced the launch of Blue Sky Give, an innovative peer to peer fundraising platform for ...
- Bloomfield Library Foundation Launches 'Giving Tuesday' Campaignon November 30, 2020 at 7:41 pm
The Bloomfield Public Library Foundation is launching its first #GivingTuesday campaign amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Linux Foundation offers 40% off courses, bootcamps, and exams with cyber Monday dealon November 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
The Certified IT Associate exam is now open for registration and there's free swag included in every purchase.
- MPS Foundation looks to increase online learning coacheson November 26, 2020 at 9:28 pm
Virtual school is a different style of learning, and a new one for many teachers who have to adjust their teaching methods, and that comes with its own challenges.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Online Philanthropy Course
The Latest Bing News on:
- Hong Kong charity focused on giving the gift of hope to city’s disadvantaged children this Christmason December 4, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Box of Hope has been raising money since November to provide presents for poorer families in the city and beyond. According to the latest report 235,000 children live in poverty in Hong Kong.
- Ex-Man Utd star Sam Johnstone chipping in with pal Marcus Rashford to help charitable causes including feeding kidson December 4, 2020 at 3:24 pm
HE’S the Premier League goalie who cannot stop giving away gifts — and his manager loves him for it! West Brom’s Sam Johnstone will pull out all the stops to be at his Scrooge-like best over the ...
- How to cut tax bills with smart charitable giving strategieson December 4, 2020 at 11:22 am
As we enter the holiday season, many naturally turn their thoughts to charitable giving. This year — clearly a highly unusual one in so many ways — there is even more need to carefully review ...
- 'My Cause, My Cleats': Here are the Packers participating and the causes they're supportingon December 4, 2020 at 8:05 am
The NFL's annual "My Cause, My Cleats" initiative takes the field Sunday, with dozens of Packers participating to support charitable causes close to them. Players will be wearing their cleats against ...
- Influencers Are Soliciting Charitable Donations Via Venmo From Their Followers To Give Back During The Holidayson December 4, 2020 at 5:20 am
Stephanie asks an expert about the legitimacy of these giving sprees, and I (Tanya) attempt to draw a line in evolving TikTok ads.
- My Cause My Cleats 2020on December 3, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Houston Texans players discuss why they chose the causes that they will be wearing on their custom-designed cleats and their commitment to these charitable causes and organizations.
- Larry Magid: Generosity is great, but be cautious when giving to charityon December 3, 2020 at 5:30 am
I’m opening my wallet and encourage anyone who can to do likewise, but only if you’re sure that the money you’re giving is going to a good cause and not to a scam artist. Charitable donations may or ...
- Why charities need to adopt retail experience excellenceon December 2, 2020 at 10:03 am
Understanding charitable giving is essential in targeting potential new donors. But creating a strong donor experience is vital for receiving completed donations and influencing recurring giving.
- Broncos’ 2020 “My Cause My Cleats” shoes, charities unveiledon December 2, 2020 at 8:01 am
As part of the NFL’s “My Cause My Cleats” initiative, more than 50 Denver players will be wearing cheats with custom designs to bring awareness to charitable causes and nonprofit ...
- Big cut of charity donations lines pockets of fundraisers, not causes, says report by NY Attorney Generalon November 27, 2020 at 1:22 pm
Almost a third of the money goes into the pockets of for-profit fundraisers who solicit donations on charities’ behalf, the report says.