Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters
The Clarity mobile phone concept by designer Mark DiLella has a host of features that aim to help the visually impaired make full use of the device. Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters. The keyboard with six keys should be familiar to users of the Perkins Brailler, and two additional user-definable keys can provide access to apps, settings or contacts.
A second rear display shows any missed calls, new messages and voicemails the user has received.
The Latest on: Braille interface
via Google News
The Latest on: Braille interface
- Making Braille Signs Out Of PCBson October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Braille interfaces crop up a surprising amount in hacker projects. This refreshable Braille display and keyboard and the Braigo LEGO Braille printer are prime examples.
- braille keyboardon October 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm
It may be a couple of years old, but [Mario Lang]’s Braille keyboard and display with built-in Pi is still ... The BRLTTY screen reader provides a Braille interface to the Linux console, resulting in ...
- Video: Summer School at Stanford Yields a Way to Write Braille on Your iPadon October 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm
But a team of researchers at Stanford, including an undergrad on loan from New Mexico State University, have created a touchscreen interface that brings the ability to write in Braille to tablet PCs.
- A Braille(-ent) Idea for a Keyboardon October 10, 2019 at 12:00 am
Gary Peng, a high school student out of San Diego, hopes to expand Braille literacy with Knobo. Knobo is a human interface device (HID) that enables users to interact with their computers utilizing ...
- USB-IF Publishes HID Standard for Braille Displayson July 19, 2019 at 10:14 pm
USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), the support organization for the advancement and adoption of USB technology, today announced a USB HID (Human Interface Device) standard for braille displays, ...
- Microsoft, Google, and Apple are teaming up to create a USB standard for Braille displayson December 26, 2018 at 6:42 am
Now, Apple, Google, and Microsoft, as members of the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), are teaming up to develop a brand new USB Human Interface Device (HID) standard for Braille displays. For the ...
- Thinkerbell Labs’ Smart Braille teaching devices: All you need to knowon August 21, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Anand Mahindra-backed start-up Thinkerbell Labs, which builds literacy devices for the visually impaired, is on a mission to solve the problem of low literacy and employability among visually impaired ...
- Country's self teaching Braille device launched in Ranchi blind schoolon July 25, 2018 at 1:36 am
The device is aimed at improving the rate of braille literacy through an interactive interface. Since we have one blind school in the district, the pilot project has been launched there. But in case ...
- Apple and Microsoft team up to help the blind use computers -- with plug-and-play brailleon May 31, 2018 at 10:25 am
The companies have teamed up with the USB Implementers Forum, a nonprofit that promotes adoption of USB tech, to integrate braille into a new USB Human Interface Device (HID) standard (PDF), according ...
- Microsoft and Apple worked together on a standard for braille displayson May 31, 2018 at 9:32 am
Today, the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) announced a new Human Interface Device (HID) standard for braille displays. Designed in a collaboration between Microsoft, Apple, and other tech companies, ...
via Bing News