Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters
The Clarity mobile phone concept by designer Mark DiLella has a host of features that aim to help the visually impaired make full use of the device. Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters. The keyboard with six keys should be familiar to users of the Perkins Brailler, and two additional user-definable keys can provide access to apps, settings or contacts.
A second rear display shows any missed calls, new messages and voicemails the user has received.
The Latest on: Braille interface
via Google News
The Latest on: Braille interface
- Sound bytes: sightless codingon May 12, 2020 at 1:21 am
For visually impaired researchers, learning to program can be challenging. A tool called CuriO offers a mutisensory route.
- Sound bytes: sightless codingon May 11, 2020 at 5:00 pm
“Technology is now essential to the lives of blind people, yet many computer programs and devices aren’t universally accessible,” says Jo Fullerton, Technology for Life Coordinator at the ...
- braille keyboardon May 9, 2020 at 5:00 pm
It may be a couple of years old, but [Mario Lang]’s Braille keyboard and display with built ... The BRLTTY screen reader provides a Braille interface to the Linux console, resulting in an ...
- CardPrinting.com Now Offers Braille Option on Gift Card Printing and Moreon May 7, 2020 at 1:33 am
Monsey, NY - CardPrinting.com, a leading manufacturer of plastic card printing, announces that it now has the capability of adding braille as an option to their custom printed Gift Cards.
- Google brings Braille input to Android with TalkBack keyboardon May 7, 2020 at 12:00 am
In a bid to make Android more accessible, Google has launched a new virtual Braille keyboard called TalkBack that is integrated directly into the OS. Google says it aims to expand Braille literacy ...
- braille displayon May 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Our recent coverage of a Raspberry Pi Zero inside the official Pi keyboard prompted a reader to point us to another far more unusual keyboard with a Pi Zero inside it. It may be a couple of years ...
- Today’s cache | FIFA partners with EA, Apple and Google pair up, and moreon April 13, 2020 at 12:12 pm
Braille displays on most phones and computers ... a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to assist in enabling ...
- Google Pixelbook Go leaks ahead of October 15 launchon April 9, 2020 at 8:21 am
We get an early hands on with a Pixelbook Go prototype, complete with pictures and specs, spoiling Google’s laptop announcement too. In terms of specs, the Pixelbook Go will be highly customizable.
- How to make your computer speak text aloud in Mac OS Xon March 14, 2020 at 8:15 pm
The braille panel behaves like a standard 40-cell ... Click on the 'Spoken User Interface' tab, as shown in Fig 4, or press Ctrl + F7 to highlight one of the tabs and then press the left or ...
- Apple and Microsoft Help Create New Standard for Braille Displayson May 31, 2018 at 12:16 pm
The standard is intended to make it easier for different operating systems and devices to include braille features. “The new standard for braille displays will significantly narrow the gap in ...
via Bing News