Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters
The Clarity mobile phone concept by designer Mark DiLella has a host of features that aim to help the visually impaired make full use of the device. Its Braille interface is easy to use and able to display over 100 characters. The keyboard with six keys should be familiar to users of the Perkins Brailler, and two additional user-definable keys can provide access to apps, settings or contacts.
A second rear display shows any missed calls, new messages and voicemails the user has received.
The Latest on: Braille interface
via Google News
The Latest on: Braille interface
- Making Braille Signs Out Of PCBson November 26, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Braille interfaces crop up a surprising amount in hacker projects. This refreshable Braille display and keyboard and the Braigo LEGO Braille printer are prime examples.
- What will tomorrow’s tech look like? Ask someone who can’t seeon November 25, 2020 at 10:35 am
Sight tech – or more broadly, eyes-free tech – now touches every part of our lives and the devices that we depend on. And it’s not just blind and visually impaired people who are benefitting.
- braille keyboardon November 23, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The BRLTTY screen reader provides a Braille interface to the Linux console, resulting in an all-in-one Braille computer in a very compact form factor. This is one portable Braille computer ...
- Group Asks Ogun Governor To Extend E-Learning To Blind Personson November 17, 2020 at 11:17 pm
"These students need speech-enabled devices such as laptops, smartphones, braille or speech notetakers and tablets to interface with the materials provided by learning software applications ...
- Google brings Braille input to Android with TalkBack keyboardon November 11, 2020 at 6:20 pm
In a bid to make Android more accessible, Google has launched a new virtual Braille keyboard called TalkBack that is integrated directly into the OS. Google says it aims to expand Braille literacy ...
- Undergrads create handheld Braille writeron November 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm
To help provide a low-cost communication tool for the blind, undergraduates at the Johns Hopkins University invented a lightweight, portable Braille writing device that needs no electronic components.
- Concept design for a user-powered, refreshable Braille e-book reader for the blindon November 5, 2020 at 4:08 am
(Nanowerk Spotlight) In order to make dynamic written content, for instance a news reader, available for blind or vision-impaired people, scientists have come up with various designs of sheet-type, ...
- Ray “Smartphone for the Blind” Features Tactile & Audio Interfaceon October 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The RAY phone is the first smartphone that was specifically developed to be used by the blind, featuring a unique, custom designed user interface ... raised Braille labels, special bar-code ...
- Blackboard Allyon August 7, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Blackboard Ally automatically converts course resources into a variety of formats, from HTML and e-book for reading on mobile devices, to Electronic Braille for the visually ... with helpful guidance ...
- How to make your computer speak text aloud in Mac OS Xon July 10, 2011 at 3:14 pm
The braille panel behaves like a standard 40-cell ... Click on the 'Spoken User Interface' tab, as shown in Fig 4, or press Ctrl + F7 to highlight one of the tabs and then press the left or ...
via Bing News