Samsung’s Galaxy Beam Smart Projector Phone will be available in Singapore to StarHub customers from July 17.
The unit will feature a built-in Texas Instruments DLP Pico Projector which will enable you to project from your phone onto a wall. There’s also Offline and No SIM modes, Hand Writing Recognition (English and Simplified Chinese), RSS Reader, Mobile Widgets and much more. This is going to be an amazing new product – it might be worth taking a trip top Singapore just to have a look at one!
Let’s get straight into the specifications:
- Display – 3.7 inch WVGA Super AMOLED
- Camera – 8.0 mega-pixel camera with auto focus and flash
- Projector – Texas Instruments DLPPico Projector
- OS – Android 2.1
- Network – HSUPA 5.76 Mbps / HSDPA 7.2Mbps, 3G (900, 1900, 2100 MHz), EDGE, GPRS
- Video – MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX, Xvid
- Audio – MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Mobile AP (wireless internet tethering), TV out, GPS
- Battery – 1800 mAh battery, 7 hours (3G) talk time and 530 hours (3G) standby time
Now comes the fun part. What the phone can do? With the Galaxy Beam, you will be able to project your images and videos onto any flat surface, so you can share your media with a group of people all at once, making it great for business meetings. You will also be able to project streamed media from your phone such as videos, so if you find yourself at a friend’s house with your favorite program about to start and they don’t have the Discovery channel, you can whip out your Samsung Galaxy Beam and save the day.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Galaxy Beam Projector Phone Looks Worth the Wait (pcworld.com)