Akshay Kothari and Ankit Gupta, two Stanford grads who signed up for the Launch Pad class at the University’s Institute of Design (aka d.school), could have hardly chosen a better path to try their hands at startup life. The pair has gone from idea to a (very cool) digital news app for the iPad in just 5 weeks, and they’re just getting started.
The application, called Pulse, is essentially a visually attractive RSS-based news aggregator. On sale for $3.99 (iTunes link), the app is aimed to please both hardcore RSS reader users and people who are willing to pay top dollars for single publication apps.
Pulse’s home screen renders stories from multiple sources on a dynamic mosaic interface. Swipe up and down to see headlines from various sources, and right and left to browse stories from a particular source (thanks for featuring TechCrunch in the demo video, guys).
Tapping on a story takes you to a text view of the article, and lets you switch to a Web view simply by toggling the appropriate button. You can also easily share articles with your friends on Facebook and Twitter or by e-mailing a link to the article. As you can tell from the video embedded below, Pulse works well in both Portrait and Landscape view.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Amazon’s Best-Selling Pulse Oximeter Has 52,000 Five-Star Ratings, and It’s 29% Off Right Nowon November 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm
While a pulse oximeter may not be the first item on your Cyber Monday shopping list, it’s an essential item to keep in your home these days. The device measures blood oxygen levels, heart rate, and ...
- The Public Pulse: Small businesses are fragile; Giving Tuesday; Caregiver's great exampleon November 29, 2020 at 2:07 am
I don’t think people realize the thin margin most small businesses, especially food establishments operate on. Please think about the impact that these reports can have on a small, or really any, ...
- City Without a Pulseon November 28, 2020 at 4:00 am
The pandemic has gutted the hospitality and live-entertainment industries, leaving desolation and economic destruction in its wake.
- The Pubic Pulse: Concern over bus changes; Join this vote compact; Crime statisticson November 28, 2020 at 2:17 am
With the start of the new ORBT bus route, the old Metro No. 2 route has been discontinued. How does removing three-quarters of the bus stops encourage ridership? The route to or from downtown might be ...
- Insights on the Pulse Flour Market 2020-2024: COVID-19 Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Market Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2024 - Technavioon November 27, 2020 at 3:16 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Pulse Flour Market 2020-2024. Click & Get Free Sample Report in Minutes. The rising demand for gluten-free ...
- Global Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Controllers Market Size, Opportunities, Historical Analysis, Business Growth and Forecast by 2025on November 26, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Selbyville, Delaware, Global Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Controllers Market report added by Market Study Report that gives meticulous investigation of current scenario of the market size, share, ...
- Global Pulse Oximeters Market 2020 Key Players Analysis, Segmentation, Growth, Future Trend, Gross Margin, Demand and Forecast by 2025on November 26, 2020 at 12:50 am
Global Pulse Oximeters Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 reveals the overview of the global industry, encompassing the latest industry data and industry ...
- Pulse Cashflow Finance Ltd Offers Outsourced Credit Control Solutions with Good Systems to Deliver and Effective Credit Control Functionon November 25, 2020 at 2:02 am
One of the reputed invoice finance brokers, Pulse Cashflow Finance Ltd, offers outsourced credit control solutions that help businesses enhance their cash flow with instant results irrespective of the ...
- A Thanksgiving Special: All the NFL, CFB and NBA you can fit on your plate | Weekly Pulseon November 24, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Join us as we revisit some of our favorite conversations around college football, NBA and the NFL. USA TODAY ...
- Pulse oximeters can help monitor those with COVID-19—here’s where to buy oneon November 24, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Pulse oximeters monitor oxygen saturation in the blood, which could be a helpful tool for those with COVID-19. Here's where to get one.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
RSS-based news aggregator
- Feed has no items.