Bono, frontman of rock band U2, has warned the film industry not to make the same mistakes with file-sharing that have dogged the music industry.
Writing for the New York Times, Bono claimed internet service providers were “reverse Robin Hoods” benefiting from the music industry’s lost profits.
He hinted that China’s efforts prove that tracking net content is possible.
The editorial drew sharp criticism, both on its economic merits and for the suggestion of net content policing.
“The immutable laws of bandwidth tell us we’re just a few years away from being able to download an entire season of ’24’ in 24 seconds,” he wrote.
The Latest on: File-sharing
via Google News
The Latest on: File-sharing
- File Sharing Software Market Size 2020 : Top Countries Data with Global Demand Analysis and Opportunity Outlook 2023on November 22, 2020 at 11:13 pm
The File Sharing Software Market is estimated to record a significant growth throughout the forecast period. The ICT ...
- Linux Fu: Simple SSH File Sharingon November 22, 2020 at 4:00 pm
If you have more than one Linux computer, you probably use ssh all the time. It is a great tool, but I’ve always found one thing about it strange. Despite having file transfer capabilities in ...
- File Sharing In Your Pocketon November 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm
In practice, though, a pirate box is a mess of wires and power adapters – not the pocketable device a WiFi file sharing box should be. [Chris] came up with a much smaller file sharing beacon.
- FileCloud Brings Unmatched Digital Rights Management to Enterprise File Sharingon November 20, 2020 at 1:23 am
That’s why FileCloud, a cloud-agnostic enterprise file sync, sharing and data governance platform, put security at the forefront of FileCloud 20.2, the latest version of its enterprise product.
- FileCloud Brings Unmatched Digital Rights Management to Enterprise File Sharingon November 19, 2020 at 4:54 am
The platform offers powerful file sharing, sync, and mobile access capabilities on public, private, and hybrid clouds. FileCloud was developed by CodeLathe Inc., based in Austin, Texas.
- 5 Best File Sharing Apps In 2020on November 18, 2020 at 3:51 pm
In the age of the internet, file sharing has become a feature that most of us take for granted. These services have existed for quite a while now, mostly in the form of floppy disks or CDs.
- Dropbox unveils Spaces 2.0, its standalone workspace for collaborationon November 18, 2020 at 11:56 am
The launch of “Spaces 2.0” follows the initial rollout of the “smart workspace” interface last year, which itself came after an overhaul of Dropbox’s file-sharing app in June 2019.
- Report: Samsung is working on a blockchain-based sharing appon November 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Samsung is reportedly working on a secure file sharing app. The app, dubbed Private Share, uses blockchain technology. Samsung already has its nifty Quick Share functionality for local file ...
- File sharing apps you need to knowon November 8, 2020 at 7:17 pm
A solution was brought of sending huge files to a person, hence the creation of file sharing applications. A file-sharing app is the application program that enables and equips effective ...
- Best file sharing apps to share files securelyon October 28, 2020 at 7:31 am
Remote working has never been more prevalent, with some estimates suggesting that 70% of the global population currently works from home at least once a week. This major social shift is having an ...
via Bing News