Rising prices and better alternatives may mean curtains for netbooks.
The small, portable computers were popular in 2009, but some industry watchers are convinced that their popularity is already waning.
“The days of the netbook are over,” said Stuart Miles, founder and editor of technology blog Pocket Lint.
As prices edge upwards, net-using habits change and other gadgets take on their functions, netbooks will become far less popular, he thinks.
“Technology has advanced so much that it’s outmanoeuvred itself,” he said. “You wouldn’t go for something so basic anymore.”
His prediction stems from his belief that the netbooks of 2009 are losing touch with what made them so appealing.
Asus kicked off the netbook trend in 2007 when it launched the Eee PC 700 and 701. The 700 sported a 2GB solid state hard drive, 512MB of Ram, a 900 MHz Intel Celeron processor and a seven inch screen.
It was cheap, cheerful and a boon for those wanting to check e-mail and go online while out and about.
But, said Mr Miles, the success of the small, portable notebook has been its undoing because it has spawned so many imitators.
The Latest on: Netbooks
via Google News
The Latest on: Netbooks
- Here’s an update from ‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek, who has been busy since his diagnosis on April 17, 2019 at 4:06 pm
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Since the March announcement of his stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis, long-time “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek has stayed busy. He recently finished taping shows for Season ... […]
- ‘Jeopardy’ host Alex Trebek plans to return in September, despite cancer diagnosis on April 17, 2019 at 3:58 pm
“Jeopardy” is readying for its summer break, but longtime host Alex Trebek, who is battling pancreatic cancer, said he looks forward to returning to the popular TV game show September. “I look forward ... […]
- Jeopardy! Host Alex Trebek Gives Health Update Following Cancer Diagnosis: 'I'm Feeling Good' on April 17, 2019 at 2:55 pm
Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek shocked the world last month when he announced he had been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. On Wednesday, after wrapping Season 35 of the show, he offered fans an ... […]
- After cancer diagnosis, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek wraps up 35th season on April 17, 2019 at 2:47 pm
After his cancer diagnosis, Jeopardy! Host Alex Trebek wrapped up taping shows for the 35th season of the show. Trebek has hosted 50 episodes of Jeopardy! since he was diagnosed with stage 4 ... […]
- WATCH: ‘Jeopardy’ host Alex Trebek gives update on his progress after pancreatic cancer diagnosis. ‘I’m touched beyond words.’ on April 17, 2019 at 2:46 pm
When Alex Trebek announced in March that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, “Jeopardy!" fans rallied to support him. Trebek vowed to stay on the job, even as he sought treatment — ... […]
- VIDEO: 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek offers update after cancer diagnosis, says season 36 is coming on April 17, 2019 at 1:35 pm
DETROIT - "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek offered an update Wednesday about the show after he announced last month that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Watch the update from Trebek below. Trebek said ... […]
- Abby Lee Miller Shares Spinal Scar Photo On 1-Year Anniversary Of Cancer Diagnosis on April 17, 2019 at 1:06 pm
In a new, emotional Instagram post, Abby Lee Miller shows her spinal surgery scar. One year ago, Abby underwent emergency spinal surgery which later told her she had cancer. Abby's specific type of ... […]
- LL Cool J wanted to give wife fibula bone following cancer diagnosis on April 17, 2019 at 7:00 am
LL Cool J wanted to give his wife his fibula bone when she was diagnosed with cancer. The 51-year-old rapper - who's real name is James Todd Smith - has opened up about his wife, Simon Smith's, battle ... […]
- After a cancer diagnosis at 30 'shook her world' this P.E.I. woman wants to spread hope on April 16, 2019 at 4:09 pm
P.E.I. native Michelle Fuller was first diagnosed with cancer in 1999 at the age of 30, when she had surgery to remove her right eye, her cheekbone and part of the roof of her mouth. She's telling her ... […]
via Bing News