This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Getting COVID-19 didn't help Trump evolve his thinkingon October 6, 2020 at 10:21 pm
People listen to Trump, whose words undermine public health messaging. He's likely to lengthen the course of the pandemic.
- Nashville SC handling positive COVID-19 case, extensive injury report internallyon October 6, 2020 at 10:16 pm
The club announced Saturday morning a player testing positive for the coronavirus. Team also listed seven players on injured list.
- Q&A: Where Are We in the COVID-19 Vaccine Race?on October 6, 2020 at 10:16 pm
Drugmakers and research centers around the world are working on COVID-19 vaccines, with large global trials of several of the candidates involving tens of thousands of participants well underway. As ...
- Coronavirus: Andrew Cuomo blames Donald Trump for 'worst failure since Pearl Harbor'on October 6, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Governor lists Covid-19 lessons in new book, American Crisis, insisting, ‘All I care about is getting New York through this’ ...
- Defiant Trump in Risky COVID-19 Gambit Weeks Before U.S. Electionon October 6, 2020 at 9:20 pm
With polls showing him trailing Democrat Joe Biden with less than a month to go before the U.S. election, President Donald Trump appears to be re-embracing the risky strategy of playing down the ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Language Services Market - Actionable Research on COVID-19|Globalization of Businesses to Boost Market Growth | Technavioon October 2, 2020 at 8:11 pm
The global language services market size is poised to grow by USD 9.72 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 4% throughout the forecast period, according to the latest report by ...
- Europe Truck Stop Electrification Market Size, Growth, Trends and Global Segments Analysis Report to 2030 | Impact of COVID-19 Pandemicon September 29, 2020 at 6:09 am
Around 45 percent of its vitality are being created in the European Union, while the remainder of the vitality ...
- COVID-19 Recovery Analysis: Global Automotive Start-stop System Market | Increasing Electrification in Vehicles to Boost Market Growth | Technavioon September 26, 2020 at 8:57 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Automotive Start-stop System Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire) LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--Technavio has been monitoring ...
- UK must act now to stop exponential spread of COVID-19, say top scientistson September 21, 2020 at 4:06 am
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain faces six months of COVID-19 restrictions and needs to take action to avoid exponential growth in cases and deaths, top medical adviser Chris Whitty and top science ...
- COVID-19 Recovery Analysis: Global Automotive Start-stop System Market | Increasing Electrification in Vehicles to Boost Market Growth | Technavioon September 15, 2020 at 7:21 am
Technavio has been monitoring the global automotive start-stop system market ... Although the COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries, the immediate impact ...