via Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering
With easy-to-use tests, everyone can check themselves every day.
Simple at-home tests for the coronavirus, some that involve spitting into a small tube of solution, could be the key to expanding testing and impeding the spread of the pandemic. The Food and Drug Administration should encourage their development and then fast track approval.
One variety, paper-strip tests, are inexpensive and easy enough to make that Americans could test themselves every day. You would simply spit into a tube of saline solution and insert a small piece of paper embedded with a strip of protein. If you are infected with enough of the virus, the strip will change color within 15 minutes.
via The New York Times
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Getting COVID-19 didn't help Trump evolve his thinkingon October 6, 2020 at 10:21 pm
People listen to Trump, whose words undermine public health messaging. He's likely to lengthen the course of the pandemic.
- Biden says cancel next debate if Trump remains sick with COVID-19on October 6, 2020 at 8:52 pm
Trump's bout of COVID-19 casts doubt on whether he can debate Biden next week in Miami. Medical experts say Trump might still be contagious.
- A new CDC report shows how wearing masks and closing bars dramatically cut the rate of coronavirus infections in Arizonaon October 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
In Arizona this summer, mask mandates and bar closures were closely followed by a sharp decline in coronavirus infections statewide.
- Fed chair warns of economic tragedy if America can't control the coronaviruson October 6, 2020 at 1:38 pm
America is on the long road to economic recovery from the pandemic recession, but dark clouds remain on the horizon.
- Life in China returns to normal with coronavirus pandemic seemingly under controlon October 6, 2020 at 1:14 am
China says it hasn't had any new cases of community transmission of COVID-19 in over 45 days, while many European nations are facing second waves and new lockdowns. CBS News foreign correspondent Ramy ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
At-home tests for Covid-19
- State reports 20 COVID-19 deaths; firefighters test positiveon October 6, 2020 at 8:37 pm
Massachusetts reported 20 newly confirmed coronavirus deaths and about 460 newly confirmed cases Monday, pushing the state’s confirmed COVID-19 death toll to 9,315 and its confirmed caseload to more ...
- Stephen Miller tests positive for COVID-19on October 6, 2020 at 7:28 pm
Click here to refresh this page.President Trump made the stunning announcement that he and First Lady Melania Trump had tested positive for COVID-19 early Friday, Oct. 2. Here’s what we know:♦ ...
- Jersey Shore high school will remain open after 2 test positive for COVID-19on October 6, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Manasquan High School’s superintendent announced Tuesday that the school will remain open despite two students testing positive for COVID-19 this week. “Since these cases are not linked together and ...
- Companies Ditch Plans for Rapid Coronavirus Spit Tests at Homeon October 6, 2020 at 4:52 pm
For months, public health experts have been eagerly watching the companies developing spit tests for the coronavirus that could be used at home, producing results in a matter of minutes.
- FSU President John Thrasher and wife Jean isolating at home after positive COVID-19 testson October 6, 2020 at 2:56 pm
"I’m working from home as we both isolate. We are feeling well at this time and truly appreciate everyone’s support and well wishes!" ...