The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Complexity and uncertainty are the new normal: COVID-19, climate change & conflict prove iton October 7, 2020 at 6:33 am
A new report by the Climate Security Expert Network (CSEN) shows how COVID-19 can exacerbate climate-related security risks.
- For Gen Z, climate change is a clear and present danger to our planeton October 7, 2020 at 6:25 am
In America, climate change is often portrayed as a ticking time bomb of far-off devastation through videos of dying polar bears, melting ice caps and rising flood waters. Rarely do we confront the ...
- ClimateCheck calculates climate change risk for homeownerson October 7, 2020 at 5:54 am
ClimateCheck takes the guesswork out of climate threats for homeowners by allowing access to a property's vulnerability to environmental impacts ...
- Climate Change Has A Multi-Trillion Dollar Cost That Economic Models Leave Outon October 7, 2020 at 4:30 am
When economists attempt to calculate the financial cost of future global heating they conclude it is far greater than the price of prevention. Nevertheless ...
- Blooms driven by climate change threaten to smother marine life in Arabian Seaon October 7, 2020 at 4:11 am
On Feb. 26, 2003, a group of scientists set out to sea from Goa, India, on a routine mission. They called it “sea truthing,” verifying data gathered by satellites eyeing the earth from hundreds of ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Lahaul tribals warm up to hopes ahead of this winteron October 6, 2020 at 10:30 pm
But certainly, this time we are not that fearful of winters,” said Shanti, 58, while digging out potatoes from a field at Kutbihadi village in Lahaul valley of the tribal Lahaul Spiti district of ...
- Warmer winters are keeping some lakes from freezingon October 6, 2020 at 11:35 am
Warmer winters due to climate change are causing lakes in the Northern Hemisphere to experience more ice-free years, according to a new study. Researchers recently analyzed nearly 80 years of lake ...
- The Arctic hasn’t been this warm for 3 million yearson October 5, 2020 at 8:33 am
Every year, sea ice cover in the Arctic Ocean shrinks to a low point in mid-September. This year it measures just 1.44 million square miles (3.74 million square kilometers) — the second-lowest value ...
- The Arctic hasn’t been this warm for 3 million years. That’s bad newson October 4, 2020 at 2:07 am
Three million years ago, the earth was hot, there was abundant CO2 in the air and humans didn’t exist. We are part of a team of scientists who analyzed sediment cores from Lake El’gygytgyn in ...
- COMMENTARY: The Arctic hasn’t been this warm for 3 million years, and that can change the planeton October 3, 2020 at 6:00 am
Evolving conditions in the Arctic are an indicator of how climate change could transform the planet, say researchers Julie Brigham-Grette and Steve Petsch.