- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- Research: Beat the heat: Novel passive cooling device for surfaces and enclosed spaces (TDnews)on October 7, 2020 at 7:47 am
The bottom layer of the Janus emitter absorbs the heat inside the vehicle and emits it through the top layer to the atmosphere (indicated in blue), causing a temperature drop…. view more Credit Image ...
- Advantages of transparent digital banking for businesseson October 6, 2020 at 4:05 am
Security issues have plague online banking. But startups and enterprises are still able to bank safely at their convenience and instantly.
- Is this OnePlus 8T in a transparent case?on October 2, 2020 at 11:00 pm
It is no secret that OnePlus is planning to launch the upcoming OnePlus 8T on October 14. The company had earlier announced the launch date, and along with it also teased some informations about the ...
- Apple Invents a Folding Device that includes a Layer of Self-Healing Material that could make dents & scratches on the cover disappearon October 1, 2020 at 6:21 am
Today the US Patent & Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that relates to a folding iDevice that includes a layer with self-healing properties. The display cover layer may ...
- Pasig City turns over learning devices for public school students, teacherson September 30, 2020 at 10:45 pm
The Pasig City government on Wednesday turned over the learning devices to the Department of Education (DepEd) division in the city to be used by the city’s public school students and teachers.
- 3D-printed, transparent fibers can sense breath, sounds, cell movementson September 30, 2020 at 2:45 pm
Researchers have developed a new technique for 3D-printing tiny electronic fibers, 100 times thinner than a human hair, that are capable of sensing human breath.
- Samsung’s transparent phone & more innovative concepts that prove they are the technology trendsetters!on September 30, 2020 at 5:00 am
The patent war is on with LG and Samsung filing patents that discuss a transparent display. With transparent TV’s ruling the day in 2020, its almost a logical progression that we will see the ...
- Photocoagulator Devices Market To Account To USD 261.6 Million By 2027on September 29, 2020 at 8:03 am
Photocoagulator Devices Market research report contains most recent ample and most advanced market information and a precious data This market report has been prepared with the combination of steps ...
- Plasmonic enhancement of stability and brightness in organic light-emitting deviceson September 28, 2020 at 6:30 am
The thinner device architecture of the plasmon NPA did ... the plasmon nanopatch antenna (NPA) had a transparent anode to convert energy coupled to the surface plasmon mode of the silver cathode ...
- How Transparent Solar Panels And ‘Quantum Dots’ Could Make Skyscrapers Power Themselveson September 24, 2020 at 11:52 am
University of Michigan and companies like UBiQD are creating technology to turn windows in building facades into transparent solar panels.
via Bing News