UO team makes artificial atoms that work at room temp
Ultra-secure online communications, completely indecipherable if intercepted, are a step closer with the help of a recently published discovery by University of Oregon physicist Ben Alemán.
Alemán, a member of the UO’s Center for Optical, Molecular, and Quantum Science, has made artificial atoms that work in ambient conditions. The research, published in the journal Nano Letters, could be a big step in efforts to develop secure quantum communication networks and all-optical quantum computing.
The Latest on: Artificial atoms
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial atoms
- New Quantum Paradox Reveals Contradiction Between Widely Held Beliefs – “Something’s Gotta Give”on October 6, 2020 at 8:43 pm
Probing the reality of observations made by an artificial quantum intelligence. Credit: Artwork by Anthony Dunnigan.
- Process for visualizing defects in crystal solids enhanced by artificial intelligenceon October 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Known for the almost perfect organization of their atoms, crystals nonetheless always ... Applications Division of the CEA, have drawn on artificial intelligence methods to develop an algorithm ...
- Visualizing defects in crystal solids revolutionized by Artificial Intelligenceon October 2, 2020 at 2:18 am
The atoms are colored according to the distortion score ... from the Nuclear Energy Division and the Military Applications Division of the CEA, have drawn on Artificial Intelligence methods to develop ...
- Finnish researchers claim quantum computing breakthroughon September 30, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Quantum computers are a new generation of machines powered by energy transfers between so-called “artificial atoms” – electrical circuits a fraction of a millimetre across. Scientists ...
- Artificial Photosynthesis Takes Another Step Forwardon September 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
They are all made from combinations of primarily carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen atoms as building blocks. Scientists have had some limited success using expensive rare-earth or noble metal catalysts ...
- Quantum Computing 101: 5 Key Concepts to Understandon September 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Even though artificial intelligence (AI ... waves, matter, and energy of atoms. The term was coined by German physicist Max Born while he was conducting theoretical solid-state physics and quantum ...
- The key to lowering CO2 emissions is made of metalon September 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The key to lowering CO2 emissions is made of metal Date: September 29, 2020 Source: Osaka City University Summary: Researchers produce malic acid, which contains 4 carbon atoms, through artificial ...
- The Race to Redesign Sugaron September 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The atoms in a sucrose molecule are usually stacked ... although the current consensus is that today’s artificial sweeteners are not carcinogenic at the levels at which they’re consumed.
- Intelligent Compliance: POPIA in the Age of AIon September 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The scale of AI growth alongside developments in automation, machine learning, deep learning, and the Internet of Things is equally driving the creation of extraordinary volumes of data. In fact, ...
- M-CUBE aims to take MRI technology to the next levelon September 25, 2020 at 6:01 am
The wave atoms sent back can be very weak ... by making several prototype antennas from "metamaterials". These are artificial materials engineered to have electromagnetic properties that don ...
via Bing News