Expanding monoculture threatens valuable services from land, such as flood control, water purification and climate stabilization. A new approach promises to protect these benefits, while improving biodiversity and human livelihoods in rural areas around the world.
The Latest on: Intercropping
via Google News
The Latest on: Intercropping
- Food production is possible without undermining the health of the landon October 7, 2020 at 9:25 am
Regreening Africa works directly with 500 000 households to restore one million hectares of agricultural land.
- Key insights into land degradation from seven African countrieson October 5, 2020 at 5:58 am
Land is essential to our lives—we grow food on it and rely on it for economic growth and development. In sub-Saharan Africa approximately 83% of people depend directly on land for survival.
- Punjab Agri Minister visits maize-soybean intercropping plot at Koont Farmon October 2, 2020 at 7:01 am
RAWALPINDI, Oct. 2 (Gwadar Pro) - Syed Hussain Jahania Gardezi, Punjab Agriculture Minister, visited the maize-soybean strip intercropping demonstration plots at the Research Farm of PMAS-Arid ...
- Reaping big with inter-croppingon September 30, 2020 at 7:31 am
"YOU reap what you sow."The Provincial Government of Negros Occidental led by Governor Eugenio Jose V. Lacson, Provincial ...
- Maize-soybean intercropping attracts attention of farmers and enterpriseson September 29, 2020 at 11:39 pm
A series of reports on maize-soybean strip intercropping technology’s development in Pakistan published by Gwadar Pro lately attracted great attention from farmers, governments and enterprises, which ...
- Soybean production worth regaining attention in Pakistanon September 29, 2020 at 12:09 am
(Gwadar Pro) – A series of reports on maize-soybean strip intercropping technology’s development in Pakistan published by Gwadar Pro lately attracted great attention from farmers, governments and ...
- Successful intercropping of alfalfa and bermudagrasson September 11, 2020 at 6:57 am
Please purchase a subscription to read our premium content. If you have a subscription, please log in or sign up for an account on our website to continue.
- GuySuCo should move to organic sugarcane, intercroppingon September 9, 2020 at 11:06 pm
This Sustainable Production System involves intercropping soybean and corn with sugarcane. This initiative will be significant as the government announces incentives for the growing of soybean and ...
- Exploring the benefits of intercropping onlineon August 27, 2020 at 12:10 am
NEW DIGITAL tools are being made available to farmers to learn about intercropping and how it can help improve the sustainability of their production systems. Researchers at the James Hutton Institute ...
- Mixed Intercropping Layout for a Vegetable Gardenon July 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Luckily mixed intercropping, or growing two or more crops together without a standard row arrangement, can greatly increase the amount you can grow by using the same area for multiple veggies.
via Bing News