Our lab aims to reverse glial scar back to normal neural tissue by gene delivery and/or chemical treatment.
Recently, We have discovered a cocktail of small molecules that can reprogram human brain astroglial cells into neuron-like cells after eight-to-ten days of chemical treatment.The small molecule induced neurons could survive for more than five months in cell culture, where they formed functional synaptic networks. When injected in the brains of living mice,the reprogrammed human neurons were integrated into the neural circuits and survived there for at least one month.
The new technology opens the door to the future development of drugs that patients with brain disorders could take as pills to regenerate neurons!
Receive an email update when we add a new GENE DELIVERY article.
The Latest on: Gene delivery
via Google News
The Latest on: Gene delivery
- Ultragenyx Announces Exclusive License to REGENXBIO AAV Vectors to Develop Gene Therapy for CDD (CDKL5 Deficiency Disorder) on October 22, 2018 at 4:03 am
Kakkis, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Ultragenyx. “AAV9 has been shown to be effective for gene therapy delivery to the central nervous system, and we believe it is well-suited ... […]
- Making gene therapy delivery safer and more efficient on October 19, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Viral vectors used to deliver gene therapies undergo spontaneous changes during manufacturing which affects their structure and function. As gene therapy approaches become more common for treating dis... […]
- Making gene therapy delivery safer and more efficient on October 18, 2018 at 8:04 am
Viral vectors used to deliver gene therapies undergo spontaneous changes during manufacturing which affects their structure and function, found researchers from the Perelman School of Medicine at the ... […]
- Prenatal gene editing success lays path for treating congenital diseases in the womb on October 8, 2018 at 5:35 pm
In this particular experiment the fetus was not treated while it was in the womb. In order to ensure accurate delivery of the gene editor into the liver, the fetus was carefully removed from the pregn... […]
- Gene Delivery System Market to Driven by Increase in Demand for Targeted Therapies on October 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/05/2018 -- Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled "Gene Delivery System Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and F... […]
- Drug and Gene Delivery Systems Market Is Anticipated to Register a CAGR 6% from 2017 to 2025 on October 4, 2018 at 5:42 am
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/04/2018 -- The global market for drug and gene delivery systems features a largely consolidated vendor landscape with only a handful companies accounting for a dominant sh... […]
- Success in animal study points to a potentially safer, more reliable avenue for delivering gene therapy to human patients on October 3, 2018 at 10:39 am
"Until now, it hasn't been possible to perform liver-specific hydrodynamic gene delivery in a large animal model with direct translatability to human trials," says Selaru. Adds Kumbhari: "The techniqu... […]
- Amicus Therapeutics Acquires Gene Therapy Portfolio of Ten Clinical and Pre-Clinical Stage AAV Programs in Neurologic Lysosomal Storage Disorders on September 20, 2018 at 3:05 am
I cannot think of a better foundation for Amicus’ entry into gene therapies.” All acquired programs leverage intrathecal delivery, using the same AAV vector approach utilized successfully in clinical ... […]
- Drug and Gene Delivery Systems Market Report With Industry Analysis 2018-2025 on September 19, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Qy research groups added “Drug and Gene Delivery Systems market to 2025” to its research database with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification. Global Drug and Gene Del... […]
via Bing News