Electronic textiles could allow a person to control household appliances or computers from a distance simply by touching a wristband or other item of clothing — something that could be particularly helpful for those with limited mobility.
Now researchers, reporting in ACS Nano, have developed a new type of e-textile that is self-powered, highly sensitive and washable.
The researchers made a self-powered triboelectric nanogenerator by depositing an electrode array of conductive carbon nanotubes on nylon fabric. To make the E-textile washable, they incorporated polyurethane into the carbon nanotube ink, which made the nanotubes firmly adhere to the fabric. They covered the array with a piece of silk and fashioned the textile into a wristband. When swiped with a finger in different patterns, the E-textile generated electrical signals that were coupled to computers to control programs, or to household objects to turn on lights, a fan or a microwave from across the room. The E-textile is breathable for human skin, washable and inexpensive to produce on a large scale, the researchers say.
Receive an email update when we add a new E-TEXTILES article.
The Latest on: E-textiles
via Google News
The Latest on: E-textiles
- Global E-textiles Market Growth Analysis, Key Manufacturers And Forecast Period 2018-2027 on November 11, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Nov 12, 2018 (marketresearch.biz via COMTEX) -- MarketResearch.Biz presents a brand new market intelligence report on title "Global E-textiles Market Insights and Forecast to 2027". The E-textiles ind... […]
- E-textile markets mature on November 6, 2018 at 4:23 pm
An updated report from IDTechEx, “E-Textiles 2018-2028: Technologies, Markets and Players,” provides an overview of the electronic textiles ecosystem and its developing maturity. With research over th... […]
- E-textiles Market Segmentation Analysis, Characteristics, Technological Progress Insights 2027 on November 6, 2018 at 3:16 am
Nov 06, 2018 (marketresearch.biz via COMTEX) -- Global E-textiles Market 2018 is an extensive, professional analysis bringing E-textiles market research data which is pertinent to new market entrants ... […]
- Enchanted Objects on November 6, 2018 at 12:29 am
You founded the smart-textile startup LOOMIA. How did you discover your passion for e-textiles and learn the necessary skills? I was excited about the intersection of design and technology, and I real... […]
- E-Textiles Market to Grow at a CAGR of +25% | Key Players- Apple, Accenture, Adidas on November 2, 2018 at 7:18 am
This report combines the best of both statistically relevant quantitative data from the industry, coupled with relevant and insightful qualitative comment and analysis HTF MI released a new market stu... […]
- Advancements in Semiconductor Technologies and E-textiles, 2018 Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com on October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
The "Advancements in Semiconductor Technologies and E-textiles" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. This Microelectronics TOE profiles advancements in semiconductor technologie... […]
- 2018 Advancements in E-textiles and Quantum Dots - ResearchAndMarkets.com on October 19, 2018 at 3:57 am
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Advancements in E-textiles and Quantum Dots" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. This Microelectronics TOE profiles developments in E-textiles and ... […]
- IPC E-Textiles 2018 Focus on the Collaboration of Textiles and Electronics Industries on September 25, 2018 at 5:29 am
BANNOCKBURN, Ill., USA, September 24, 2018 — On September 13, representatives from the e-textiles ecosystem, including product innovators, material suppliers, electrical engineers and academia, came t... […]
- IDTechEx Research Report Finds the Market for E-Textiles Will Reach Over $2bn per Year by 2028 on August 31, 2018 at 9:36 am
BOSTON, Aug. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- We are in contact with textiles for up to 98 percent of our lives, and they are starting to become intelligent. Part of this revolution includes the integration o... […]
via Bing News