Super resolution microscopy is a technique that can see beyond the diffraction of light and provides unprecedented views of cells and their interior structures and organelles.
An EPFL team has developed a technique that can perform both 3D super resolution microscopy and fast 3D phase imaging in a single instrument.
This unique 4D microscope combines a sensitivity and high time resolution of phase imaging with the specifically and high spatial resolution of fluorescence microscopy. This allows the direct visualization and Analysis of subcellular structures in living cells without labeling.
These technical advances enable high-resolution visualization of the formation of pathological alpha-synuclein aggregates in hippocampal neurons. It is hoped that it will become a regular workhorse for neuroscience and biology.
The Latest on: Super resolution microscopy
- A new La Trobe University Bendigo microscope could pave the way for a breakthrough in cancer research on February 18, 2019 at 8:20 pm
... times more powerful than a regular fluorescence microscope and will assist with research into fundamental biology and DNA damaging diseases such as cancer. “It’s a single molecule super resolution ... […]
- A practical guide to optimization in X10 expansion microscopy on February 18, 2019 at 8:21 am
Expansion microscopy is a relatively new approach to super-resolution imaging that uses expandable hydrogels to isotropically increase the physical distance between fluorophores in biological samples ... […]
- Differential organization of tonic and chronic B cell antigen receptors in the plasma membrane on February 18, 2019 at 2:32 am
Here we show, using STED super-resolution microscopy, that IgM-containing BCRs exist predominantly as monomers and dimers in the plasma membrane of resting B cells, but form higher oligomeric clusters ... […]
- Shaping light lets 2D microscopes capture 4D data on February 14, 2019 at 10:13 am
The Rice method to expand the capabilities of existing wide-field fluorescence microscopes is detailed in the team’s open-access paper in Optics Express ("Generalized method to design phase masks for ... […]
- Super-Resolution Microscope Can 'See' DNA on February 13, 2019 at 6:23 am
The project could spell a radical change in the way cellular systems are studied giving scientists a better understanding of biological processes. The equipment is being used in a test case that ... […]
- Super-resolution microscope gives better insight into cells on February 11, 2019 at 5:26 am
For a better understanding of biological processes, researchers need to be able to ‘see’ the smallest components of individual cells, such as DNA, mRNA and proteins. In response, the EU-funded CELLVIE... […]
- Global Super-Resolution Microscope Market forecast 2019:2025 scrutinized in new research on February 10, 2019 at 10:26 pm
News from QY Research, Inc. Super-Resolution Microscope Market report provides in depth market scenario includes current market size estimates, market splits by vendors, end user segments and by regio... […]
- Bruker Launches New High-Speed AFM System for Life Science Microscopy Applications on February 9, 2019 at 5:04 am
FRAP), super-resolution methods (STED, PALM/STORM, SIM), and such other techniques as Raman or multiphoton microscopy, enables the new system to deliver unprecedented levels of correlative microscopy. ... […]
- UC San Diego School of Medicine and Leica Establish Center of Excellence in Microscopy on February 8, 2019 at 11:00 am
the new center will feature Leica confocal microscopy technology purchased by the department, including FALCON fast lifetime contrast imaging and stimulated emission depletion (STED), multiphoton and ... […]
- Nanotronics Leads Inspection Convergence: Photoluminescence Imaging and AI on February 7, 2019 at 8:25 am
View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190207005610/en/ The last several years have seen the rapid adoption of new technologies that converge super-resolution optical mic... […]
via Google News and Bing News