The potential of the simple urine test could could result in the ability to measure how much are body has aged could even predict our risk of developing age-related disease and might even predict a likely time frame for our death.
This new marker provides the potential to measure how much are body has aged from a biological rather than a chronological viewpoint. Could this be a reliable indicator of aging in our bodies?
A reliable way to measure biological age is necessary to know whether treatments to slow aging, which may be possible in the future, are truly effective.
This rapid analysis technique could be very useful for large-scale aging studies as it can process samples from up to 10 participants per hour.
The Latest on: Aging
- DBJ event to focus on the Business of Aging: Housing, Technology, Healthcare on September 20, 2018 at 11:04 am
An event will be held in Dayton next month looking into the business of the aging. Every day, 10,000 people turn 65 in the United States. Seniors are one of the largest growing demographic groups in t... […]
- Art of Aging: Starting new careers on September 20, 2018 at 10:18 am
We meet a South Jersey man who proves that it is never too late, to start a new career in this week's Art of Aging. At 87 years old Beau Weisman is the editor and publisher of CMC Digest dot com ... […]
- Aging Center puts WKU students and faculty at the forefront of demographic shift on September 20, 2018 at 10:07 am
In less than twenty years, the number of people over the age of 65 will outnumber children in the United States. This new aging center will position WKU as a regional leader in aging science. The Cent... […]
- Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' Movie Set Photos Show an Aging Stripper Character on September 20, 2018 at 8:07 am
In what sounds exactly like the thing you’d expect in a movie about the Joker, the Joaquin Phoenix DC super-villain picture has comedian Bryan Callen playing an “aging male stripper.” New paparazzi ph... […]
- Jane Fonda 'hates' that she got plastic surgery to feel better about aging: 'I wish I was braver' on September 20, 2018 at 8:07 am
Jane Fonda is synonymous with aging gracefully. But the 80-year-old Hollywood icon is not entirely proud of her beauty decisions. Fonda opened up about getting plastic surgery in a new HBO documentary ... […]
- Aging with wisdom: New initiative helps seniors age with purpose and confidence on September 20, 2018 at 6:17 am
WILLMAR — The topic was decluttering, and guest speakers Sheila Rohne and Trisha Hubers had plenty of tips and advice to share from their experience as the mother-daughter owners of Clean Slate. Their ... […]
- Roger Federer on teammate Novak Djokovic, aging and the 'organized chaos' of parenthood on September 20, 2018 at 5:03 am
What happens when your rival becomes your teammate? Tennis fans witnessed Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in an epic embrace after last year’s team win in the Laver Cup, but a Federer/Novak Djokovic be... […]
- Drinking Is Probably Aging You Much More Than You Realize on September 20, 2018 at 2:45 am
It’s no surprise that enjoying several beers or gin and tonics a few times a week isn’t necessarily healthy. But you may not be aware how much it ages you. As you grow older, you start to metabolize a... […]
- Aging Japan: Military recruiters struggle as applicant pool dries up on September 19, 2018 at 7:47 am
TOKYO (Reuters) - As a Japanese military recruiter sat patiently at a booth outside a supermarket in northern Tokyo one recent weekend, she welcomed a rare visitor, high school student Kazuaki Matsumu... […]
- Kathleen Turner talks sex symbol status, alcoholism and aging in Hollywood on September 19, 2018 at 5:42 am
The Hollywood icon opened up in a wide-ranging interview with ABC News' Juju Chang and reflected on her decades-long career in the spotlight. […]
via Google News and Bing News