The potential of the simple urine test could could result in the ability to measure how much are body has aged could even predict our risk of developing age-related disease and might even predict a likely time frame for our death.
This new marker provides the potential to measure how much are body has aged from a biological rather than a chronological viewpoint. Could this be a reliable indicator of aging in our bodies?
A reliable way to measure biological age is necessary to know whether treatments to slow aging, which may be possible in the future, are truly effective.
This rapid analysis technique could be very useful for large-scale aging studies as it can process samples from up to 10 participants per hour.
The Latest on: Aging
- Scientists uncover new gatekeeper function of anti-aging molecule on November 12, 2018 at 12:53 pm
The protein klotho has been shown to promote longevity and counteract aging-related impairments. Having more klotho seems to allow for longer and healthier lives, whereas a depletion of this ... […]
- Common anti-aging tips you should forget immediately on November 12, 2018 at 10:12 am
7. Facial exercises help fight wrinkling. 8. An oxygen facial will plump up your skin. 9. It’s best to use every product in an anti-aging skincare line. 11/28 SLIDES © Provided by Best Life 10. You sh... […]
- New Insights Into the Aging Brain on November 12, 2018 at 10:07 am
SAN FRANCISCO, November 12, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The protein klotho has been shown to promote longevity and counteract aging-related impairments. Having more klotho seems to allow for longer and heal... […]
- Will the Government Block This Geneticist From Selling an Anti-Aging Pill? on November 12, 2018 at 9:38 am
As a kid, David Sinclair was shocked to discover that all living things grow old and die. Skirting around desert shrubs and acacia trees in the parched Australian bush of Sydney, he would chase after ... […]
- Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj - Keynote Speaker at the XVII INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ANTI-AGING MEDICINE on November 12, 2018 at 8:41 am
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla., Nov. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj was honored to be invited to present the keynote presentation at this year's SEMAL Congress. His presentation focused on the pr... […]
- Why Japan’s Aging Population Is An Investment Opportunity on November 12, 2018 at 5:57 am
Japan is facing an unprecedented challenge. With its low birth rate, the population has been shrinking since 2010. Japanese people are one of the longest-lived in the world and the population is greyi... […]
- The impact of tourism on the sustainability of an aging community in japan on November 12, 2018 at 4:13 am
The change of capital asset values. Figure 1 illustrates the changes in five livelihood assets before and after participation in a farm inn business. The scale values of natural, physical, and ... […]
- You can’t put off aging, no matter how many AARP flyers you throw out on November 12, 2018 at 12:52 am
Ever have one of those experiences where you’re in over your eyeballs and can’t back out — but you want to? That happened to me when I was pregnant. I was in the hospital having labor pains ... […]
- Michael Douglas Reflects on Life, Aging and His 'Good Marriage': I'm 'Not Taking it for Granted' on November 11, 2018 at 6:44 pm
These days veteran actor Michael Douglas is counting his many blessings. “I’m old enough to appreciate that this is a good time in one’s life, and not taking it for granted,” the 74-year-old actor tol... […]
- Our voting machines are aging fast. Congress should improve them. on November 11, 2018 at 3:50 pm
ONE OF American elections’ biggest vulnerabilities can be found in one of the most obvious places: the voting machines themselves. The country’s voting infrastructure may not have been tampered with t... […]
via Google News and Bing News