Researchers at the CRANN nanoscience institute at Trinity College Dublin have discovered a new clean energy material that will increase the adoption of hydrogen as a fuel in energy-efficient transport.
Hydrogen has been described as the ultimate clean energy source and, potentially, a real alternative to fossil fuels.
It is seen as very attractive as it is a pollution-free fuel and energy carrier that would satisfy much of the energy requirements of our society.
Hydrogen is readily prepared by splitting water electrically into its component parts hydrogen and oxygen; a process called electrolysis. However, this process requires a significant energy input.
‘Our disruptive materials breakthrough is momentous as it means much more energetically efficient and more economical hydrogen energy’
– PROF MIKE LYONS, CRANN
But now, researchers at CRANN have developed a material that enhances the splitting of water at a very low energy cost using Earth-abundant raw materials.
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
- Following hydrogen facility explosion, fuel-cell vehicle owners left strandedon September 6, 2019 at 11:36 am
An explosion at a hydrogen fuel production facility shows the industry has a long way to go before fuel cell-powered vehicles can truly be considered a reliable alternative to the internal-combustion ...
- Hydrogen should be the alternative fuel, says ISRO scientiston September 6, 2019 at 11:17 am
Hydrogen should be the go-to alternative fuel and its efficacy for use in fuel cells has been proven successful. It is not only available in abundance but is also safe to use besides being pollution ...
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Market Growth, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand and Trends Forecast to 2025on September 6, 2019 at 12:17 am
For instance, in November 2018, Nikola Corporation launched hydrogen powered electric truck incorporating 120 kW hydrogen fuel cell offering superior fuel economy.Request a sample of this premium ...
- Greenhouse gases transformed into liquid fuelon September 5, 2019 at 8:19 am
... cell fuel that can generate electricity and emit carbon dioxide — which you can grab and recycle again. It’s also fundamental in the chemical engineering industry as a feedstock for other ...
- Northern California fuel-cell drivers still left dry since June explosionon September 5, 2019 at 6:30 am
A June explosion at a hydrogen production facility in Santa Clara, California, owned by hydrogen producer Air Products shut off the fuel supply to many of the hydrogen filling stations in the San ...
- Why hydrogen-powered combustion engines aren't a good ideaon September 4, 2019 at 11:00 pm
Hydrogen-combustion engines are very different than hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles, and Jason Fenske of Engineering Explained breaks both down in a video. The biggest reason why hydrogen-combustion ...
- hydrogen fuel cellon September 4, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Potentially coming to a service station near you. In every comment section, there’s always one. No matter the electric vehicle, no matter how far the technology has come, there’s always one.
- At 72.4% CAGR, Global Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Market to Exhibit $12,133 million by 2023on September 4, 2019 at 9:19 am
Sep 04, 2019 (Hitech News Daily via COMTEX) -- Rise in environmental concern and government initiatives for the development of hydrogen fuel cell infrastructure drive the market growth. Furthermore, ...
- RPT-Asia's demand for low-sulphur fuel drives hydrogen gas consumption - Lindeon August 27, 2019 at 6:27 pm
(Repeats item issued late Tuesday, with no change to text) * Stricter environmental rules drive hydrogen demand at oil refineries * Refiners use hydrogen gas to remove sulphur in fuel * Allows ...
- Promising new solar-powered path to hydrogen fuel productionon August 27, 2019 at 8:53 am
Engineers at Lehigh University funded by the National Science Foundation are the first to utilize a single enzyme biomineralization process to create a catalyst that uses the energy of captured ...
via Bing News