It sounds like an approach you might take in Grand Theft Auto, but China may soon be dealing with its notorious traffic problems simply by driving right over the top of them.
A Beijing company is planning to move ahead with a track-based public transport system that allows vehicles to pass underneath, an idea aimed at easing air pollution and congestion.
Beijing-based company Transit Explore Bus came up with the concept for its Elevated Transit Bus and demonstrated a small functioning model at the China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC) this week.
Wide enough to cover two traffic lanes, the raised bus would travel along tracks on either side of the road so that cars up to 2 meters (6.6 ft) tall can pass underneath. Ramps would fold outwards to give users access to the street when the bus reaches a stop (though in the company’s animation these do look rather steep and treacherous).
See a previous article: Chinese super-buses glide over traffic
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
via Google News
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
- Govt approves construction of 82-km rapid transit system connecting Delhi to Meerut on February 19, 2019 at 8:45 am
It was recently reported that NITI Aayog had made a detailed presentation to the prime minister’s office comparing the benefits of elevated bus rapid transit (BRT), an extension of Metro rail and RRTS ... […]
- Towards a better, balanced metropolis on February 19, 2019 at 4:24 am
Under the revised STP (RSTP), five Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) lines and two Bus Rapid Transit (BRT ... declared that her government plans to construct 6 Expressways, 3-tier Elevated Ring Roads and 21 Tr... […]
- Chennai Metro feeder services’ fare slashed by half on November 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm
CHENNAI: Commuters can now travel in a share auto or a share taxi from a metro station at the price of an MTC bus ticket as Chennai Metro Rail ... taxis from Alandur metro station, which is the elevat... […]
- China City Bus Elevated Transit Sim on April 28, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Get the China city bus elevated Transit sim now and drive it on the streets with confidence because the danger of bumping and smashing your bus into other vehicles have been eradicated with this tunne... […]
- Aerial transit proposals for Clearwater Beach no longer in forefront on December 21, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last week the city approved the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority's request to plan an intermodal center on a city-owned lot at Court and Myrtle streets to replace the existing Park Street bus termi... […]
- Drive Elevated Transit China Bus on September 16, 2016 at 4:59 pm
Let's get ready to simulate driving skills with a new way of transport transit bus. China elevated bus gives you a unique experience of driving where you can drive China bus and transport passengers f... […]
- China tests first-ever elevated transit bus on August 4, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Public transit has just been taken to a whole new level… up! China is testing out a futuristic transit bus called TEB-1 that rides above traffic. It runs on electricity and solar power. The elevated b... […]
- Electric straddling bus looks to pump the brakes on China's traffic and pollution on May 25, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Beijing-based company Transit Explore Bus came up with the concept for its Elevated Transit Bus and demonstrated a small functioning model at the China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC) th... […]
- Malaysia Launches World’s First Elevated Electric Bus Rapid Transit System on July 25, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Last month, Malaysia launched in Kuala Lumpur the world’s first all-electric Bus Rapid Transit system. BRT–Sunway Line has over 3 miles of elevated route through the city, and will be operated by 15 e... […]
- Ramsay businesses at risk as CP balks on rail land sale for southeast transitway on March 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm
As the train/bus route leaves the Ramsay escarpment and heads south ... but building pillars for the elevated transit corridor would also require widening the road and property acquisition, MacIntyre ... […]
via Bing News