It sounds like an approach you might take in Grand Theft Auto, but China may soon be dealing with its notorious traffic problems simply by driving right over the top of them.
A Beijing company is planning to move ahead with a track-based public transport system that allows vehicles to pass underneath, an idea aimed at easing air pollution and congestion.
Beijing-based company Transit Explore Bus came up with the concept for its Elevated Transit Bus and demonstrated a small functioning model at the China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC) this week.
Wide enough to cover two traffic lanes, the raised bus would travel along tracks on either side of the road so that cars up to 2 meters (6.6 ft) tall can pass underneath. Ramps would fold outwards to give users access to the street when the bus reaches a stop (though in the company’s animation these do look rather steep and treacherous).
See a previous article: Chinese super-buses glide over traffic
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
via Google News
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
- Bus rapid transit plan should be reconsidered on January 6, 2019 at 9:00 pm
After reading about new Port Authority CEO Katharine Eagan Kelleman (Dec. 30, “Transit CEO Brings New Attitude in Her First Year”), I figure it’s about time I write to voice my opinion that the bus ra... […]
- 7 reasons why LRT plan in Penang beats BRT and ART on January 5, 2019 at 6:33 pm
First, the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and, second ... Lepas-Komtar LRT alignment and not the comprehensive network covering the whole of Penang. By being elevated, without sharing the same road with othe... […]
- Chennai Metro feeder services’ fare slashed by half on November 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm
CHENNAI: Commuters can now travel in a share auto or a share taxi from a metro station at the price of an MTC bus ticket as Chennai Metro Rail ... taxis from Alandur metro station, which is the elevat... […]
- Gyroscopic Bus Public Transit on October 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm
All you have to do is maneuver the gyroscopic transit bus to pick & drop the citizens and tourist in gyroscope elevated hopper around the Nyc city. This elevated coach driving simulation with challeng... […]
- China’s Elevated Transit Explore Bus that Became Viral Last Year is Proved to be a Scam and a Hoax on July 4, 2017 at 3:43 am
Last year, China launched the model prototype of a straddling bus that claimed to solve the nation’s traffic congestion. China being the most populated country in the world faces traffic jams and cong... […]
- Drive Elevated Transit China Bus on September 16, 2016 at 4:59 pm
Let's get ready to simulate driving skills with a new way of transport transit bus. China elevated bus gives you a unique experience of driving where you can drive China bus and transport passengers f... […]
- China tests first-ever elevated transit bus on August 4, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Public transit has just been taken to a whole new level… up! China is testing out a futuristic transit bus called TEB-1 that rides above traffic. It runs on electricity and solar power. The elevated b... […]
- Electric straddling bus looks to pump the brakes on China's traffic and pollution on May 25, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Beijing-based company Transit Explore Bus came up with the concept for its Elevated Transit Bus and demonstrated a small functioning model at the China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC) th... […]
- Ramsay businesses at risk as CP balks on rail land sale for southeast transitway on March 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm
As the train/bus route leaves the Ramsay escarpment and heads south ... but building pillars for the elevated transit corridor would also require widening the road and property acquisition, MacIntyre ... […]
- New bus service coming for southeast, central Utah on May 16, 2014 at 5:51 pm
New intercity bus service is coming to connect the Wasatch Front with portions of southeastern and central Utah that now lack public transportation. A new company named Elevated Transit plans to begin ... […]
via Bing News