Trick your tongue into thinking you’re having a much sweeter treat that isn’t nearly as bad for you.
Maybe you won’t actually have to give up your Twinkie habit to lose weight. New food technology makes ordinary sugar twice as sweet—so food tastes exactly the same with half the calories, and without the controversy of artificial sweeteners.
By coating tiny food-safe particles with natural sugar like sucrose or glucose, the technology can trick the sweetness receptors on your tongue into thinking you’re eating a full serving. The startup behind the idea compares it to drug delivery in pharmaceuticals.
“Drug delivery allows you to take less of an active material and ship it to where you need it. . . . You ship less of it and you create less damage along the way,” says Eran Baniel, CEO of the Israel-based startup, DouxMatok. “We do flavor delivery. You take less of the active material—the active material being sugar in this case. But you still use sugar.”
Depending on the food, the technology cuts sugar by 25% to 55%.
That means it’s also cheaper than a normal recipe. “If the coated particle were the same sweetness as sugar, it would be more expensive, obviously,” he says. “But what we sell is sweetness equivalence. If I’m twice as sweet as sugar you need only half as much in order to have the same sweet effect. So we are cheaper.”
The sugar-carrying particle is already a commonly used food additive, so it doesn’t require new safety testing. DouxMatok has already started testing it with manufacturers and plans to soon begin licensing the technology.
The Latest on: DouxMatok
via Google News
The Latest on: DouxMatok
- Company Overview of DouxMatok Ltd. on March 8, 2019 at 2:30 pm
DouxMatok Ltd. develops and produces sugar with enhanced sweetness. It offers its sugar for food products, dairy foods, sweeteners, beverages, confectionary, baking and bakery goods, dressings, and ... […]
- OurCrowd Announces Winners of Second Annual Maimonides Award for Lifetime Achievement at 2019 Global Investor Summit on March 7, 2019 at 7:30 am
Professor Avraham Baniel (aged 100) is the inventor and Co-Founder of DouxMatok, a leader in efficient delivery of flavor ingredients and nutrition that enables healthier eating without compromising ... […]
- From Israel, a Sweet Invention on November 19, 2018 at 6:17 am
(Getty Images) PETAH TIKVA, Israel — Plates of cookies, chocolate bars and cakes still warm from the oven line the counter in the kitchen of the Israeli startup DouxMatok. The treats are the freshest ... […]
- Less sugar, no sweetener, same taste? This Israeli company claims to have found a way on August 20, 2018 at 8:43 am
The company DouxMatok has announced a partnership with Südzucker, Europe’s largest sugar producer, to introduce its product to the European market, according to The Times. Eran Baniel, Israeli firm’s ... […]
- Scientists discover a way to reduce sugar content in cakes by 40% - WITHOUT affecting the taste on August 20, 2018 at 1:35 am
Israeli food technology firm DouxMatok has discovered how to get all of the sugar in confectionery products to land on the taste buds. Sugar molecules must land on taste buds in the mouth - most of ... […]
- Food experts have found a way to cut sugar in snacks by 40 per cent — by adding tasteless minerals to sugar molecules on August 19, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Israeli firm DouxMatok has signed a deal with Europe's biggest sugar firm Sudzucker to create recipes for a '40 per cent sugar reduction' Scientists have discovered they can add tasteless minerals to ... […]
- DouxMatok & Südzucker bring sugar tech to Europe: 'We want to be like Intel Inside, powering industry's sugar reduction,' says CEO on August 1, 2018 at 4:12 am
Israeli start-up DouxMatok has partnered with German sugar giant Südzucker to produce, market and sell its patented sugar-reducing technology to Europe. “When we looked for a sugar partner in Europe, ... […]
- DouxMatok and Südzucker Announce Partnership to Manufacture and Commercialize Breakthrough Sugar Reduction Technology Across Europe on July 31, 2018 at 8:47 am
- Addressing both industry and consumer's needs, a key priority is to drive launches of new products with substantially less sugarand with no tastecompromises Südzucker, Europe's leading sugar company ... […]
- Südzucker and DouxMatok to commercialise sugar alternative on July 31, 2018 at 4:21 am
Südzucker Group and Israel-based flavours company DouxMatox have partnered to commercialise DouxMatok’s sugar reduction technology across Europe. The partnership aims to support the food industry’s ... […]
- DouxMatok and Südzucker Announce Partnership to Manufacture and Commercialize Breakthrough Sugar Reduction Technology Across Europe on July 31, 2018 at 3:12 am
Südzucker, Europe's leading sugar company, and DouxMatok, developer of targeted flavor delivery technology, today announced a partnership to commercialize DouxMatok's breakthrough sugar reduction ... […]
via Bing News