The SOPCAWIND tool is a piece of software that facilitates the design of wind farms, bearing in mind not only the aspects of energy productivity but also the possible impact the wind farm may have on the environment, radars or other telecommunications systems in the vicinity.
It also assesses acoustic noise, the effect of shadow on nearby housing, and applies criteria for heritage protection or clearance from transport networks and certain facilities.
SOPCAWIND is the first software tool that integrates into a single application a complex, multidisciplinary database that accommodates all the data needed for the above-mentioned criteria, apart from the algorithms needed to carry out these studies. With all these functionalities, the tool facilitates the design work of the wind farm developer and makes it possible to ensure that all the above-mentioned aspects are taken into consideration in the wind farm design process, thus avoiding any trouble. “Thanks to this tool, firstly the design process of the wind farm is much more fluid, and secondly, the developer knows in advance if there is any trouble and can include modifications in the wind farm in order to avoid it, which is a key aspect,” pointed out Daniel de la Vega.
The Latest on: Designing wind farms
via Google News
The Latest on: Designing wind farms
- TECSIS Announces Replacement Blades for Old and New Wind Turbine Modelson September 8, 2019 at 7:51 am
Tecsis Replacement Blades solution aims to solve this big industry problem, says Tecsis CEO, Fabiano Mori. Tecsis offers replacement blades with a new modern design to fit most of the wind turbines, ...
- Wind energy expansion in S.D. to bring 888 more turbines, $3.3 billion investmenton September 7, 2019 at 1:44 pm
and a dramatic decrease in the cost of harnessing wind energy. In the early 2010s, it cost energy companies about $3,500 to build turbines and machinery to harness a kilowatt of electricity. Due to ...
- Latest round of offshore wind bid details releasedon September 5, 2019 at 4:00 pm
"The design for Vineyard Wind 2 features turbines in rows aligned in an east-west direction, with spacing of 1 nautical mile between turbines," the company, which is a joint venture of Copenhagen ...
- Saint John Energy partners with Halifax company on $60M wind farmon September 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Natural Forces will design, build, own and operate the wind farm on hills overlooking the Bay of Fundy, not far from NB Power's Coleson Cove oil-fired generating station. Saint John Energy will buy ...
- Poland's state-run PKN and PGE to work together on offshore windon September 5, 2019 at 3:01 am
“We will jointly deal with designing an electricity network that would send electricity from offshore wind farms and also with preparing the logistics,” PKN Orlen’s Chief Executive Daniel ...
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S: BayWa places 95 MW order of V150-4.2 MW turbines in Swedenon September 5, 2019 at 12:17 am
We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. Through our ...
- Vestas debuts the EnVentus platform on the German wind marketon September 4, 2019 at 3:52 am
We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
- Opportunity blowing in the windon September 3, 2019 at 11:13 pm
This means new jobs designing, building, operating and maintaining wind farms. Today, over 2,000 New Mexicans have well-paying careers in wind. Many of these are wind technician positions, one of ...
- NOV wins deal to build massive offshore wind turbine installation shipon September 3, 2019 at 6:08 pm
NOV landed the contract from Japanese engineering and construction firm Shimizu Corp. to design and build a ship that will be used to install turbines for a 9 GW wind farm off the coast of Japan.
- NOV lands contract to build massive offshore wind turbine installation shipon September 3, 2019 at 10:02 am
Houston oilfield service company National Oilwell Varco has landed a contract to design and build one of the world's largest vessels for installing offshore wind turbines. A subsidiary of the Tokyo ...
via Bing News