Instead of being constrained by only being able to study sick patients, this platform projects virtual illnesses onto healthy subjects.
The Hannover Medical School has developed an augmented reality simulation app called mARble that enables med students to get as much hands-on experience as they’d like. Instead of being constrained by only being able to study sick patients, this platform projects virtual illnesses onto healthy subjects.
The practice of bedside teaching for medical students is being used less and less as it can compromise diagnosis and treatment. This means students are getting less practical experience, which is crucial when taking the step from intern to surgeon.
Demonstrated at this year’s CeBIT conference, mARble is a simulation app that combines text, graphics, audio and video information and also data supplied by sensors including gyroscope, accelerometer and GPS. The app also has customizable multimedia learning cards so students can create their own tests and track their progress.
Augmented reality lets students fully immerse themselves in their subject and to be in charge of their own learning process.
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Illnesses
via Google News
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Illnesses
- Put Down The Smart Phone -- The Future Of Communications Is Mixed Reality Glasseson September 8, 2019 at 8:44 am
Powered by the 5G network, MRG will enable hands-free, instantaneous communication, as well as augmented and virtual reality services (AR/VR ... help doctors in remote locations to better detect ...
- Scientists Study Whether Virtual Reality Can Prevent Cognitive Decline, Dementiaon September 7, 2019 at 12:40 am
A lot of the neurodegenerative diseases, which are the underlying ideologies of ... Pa is part of a team of researchers studying the effects of virtual reality on the brain and cognition related to ...
- Telerehabilitation Systems Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Cisco Systems and GESTURETEK | Technavioon September 5, 2019 at 8:30 am
This integration of virtual reality in healthcare processes creates an opportunity ... In addition, the increasing incidence of chronic diseases is anticipated to further boost the growth of the ...
- Sixth Season of Healthy Minds with Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein, Emmy® Nominated Show, Launches Nationally in Mid-Septemberon September 5, 2019 at 8:02 am
The program aims to remove the stigma of mental illness, educate the public and offer a message ... reorganization during adolescence and incorporate technology like virtual reality and phone apps ...
- More vaping illnesses reported, many involving marijuanaon September 2, 2019 at 5:24 pm
The mysterious illness underscores the complicated nature of the ... and feel their way through each of the exhibit’s fifteen rooms via virtual and augmented reality. The unique vision came to life ...
- Worker-protection laws aren’t ready for an automated futureon September 1, 2019 at 3:33 am
Other workers use virtual or augmented reality as part of their employment training ... are associated with things such as workers’ moods and energy levels, or even diseases like depression. One ...
- Technologies Helping to Drive the Future of Jobsite Safetyon September 1, 2019 at 12:37 am
Virtual Reality (VR) training activities may include ... influence worker behavior or change certain practices, reduce illness and injury rates, drive safety culture, supplement other types ...
- Virtual reality training programme to help cotton farmerson August 30, 2019 at 5:58 am
GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) is acting on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to support the Virtual Reality Cotton ..
- The Reality Brokers (or the rise of the Automagicians)on August 27, 2019 at 11:06 pm
illnesses, social networks, purchases, and so on. A new continent of behavioral surplus is spun each moment from the many virtual threads of our everyday lives as they collide with Google, Facebook, ...
- Scientific Samples Make the Journey Back to Earth Aboard SpaceX’s Dragonon August 27, 2019 at 9:53 am
The ISS Experience is creating a cinematic virtual reality (VR) film from footage ... are associated with a number of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
via Bing News