The cost of adding this type of wiring to a house being built is only about $200
Electric cars continue to gain ground on those powered by petrol, but a lack of publicly available charging stations means most owners have to take on the cost of installing their own – which can be quite expensive. In an effort to encourage ownership, the city council of Palo Alto has issued a mandate that requires new homes to come prewired for the installation of a 240-Volt Level 2 charging station.
The process for obtaining a permit to install a charging station in an existing home will also be streamlined, on top of incentives and strategies designed to encourage residents to buy their own environmentally friendly car. A surge in demand has also led to record use of the public charging stations in the city, something which could result in more publicly-available stations in the future.
The cost of adding this type of wiring to a house being built is only about $200, a fraction of the cost to retrofit an older house with the right electrical service and wiring.
The Latest on: EV charging stations
- Canada aims to facilitate electric car travel by installing charging stations on July 22, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Toronto, July 22 (IBNS): The Federal government in Canada has planned to install charging stations on road between Manitoba and Ontario with an aim to boost electric car travel, media reports said. The project of $17.3-million will be carried out by Fast ... […]
- Leclanche, eCAMION and SGEM to Build and Operate Network of 34 Fast-Charging Stations Along Trans-Canada Highway on July 21, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Project Designed to Overcome ‘Range Anxiety’ Currently, most public EV charging stations operate at Level 2, requiring about six to eight hours to charge a vehicle. The existing grid infrastructure sometimes proves inadequate to support faster charging. […]
- Companies Develop Fast-Charging EV Network Along Trans-Canada Highway on July 21, 2017 at 9:26 am
Toronto-based eCAMION, Dallas-based Leclanché North America and Geneva-based SGEM have partnered together to develop and install a network of 34 fast-charging electric vehicle (EV) stations along the Trans-Canada Highway (TCH). The project, designed to ... […]
- Canada to install electric car charging stations along Trans-Canada Highway on July 21, 2017 at 8:21 am
US-IT-LIFESTYLE-TRANSPORT A pay and charging station for what is being billed as the nation's largest 'Electric Vehicle' (EV) car sharing program for disadvantaged communities was unveiled by Los Angeles Mayor The Canadian government plans to install 34 ... […]
- Electric car charging station coming to Crowder College on July 21, 2017 at 4:38 am
NEOSHO, Mo. - An electric car charging station will soon be coming to Neosho. It will be on the Crowder College campus near the Farber McDonald Hall entrance. Empire District Electric Company and Crowder signed an agreement Friday morning. The charging ... […]
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market - Demand to Rise in Response to Increasing Sales of Electric Vehicles on July 20, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market (Technology - Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3; End-use Application - Government, Public Space and Municipalities (Parks and Street), Commercial Office Space, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality, Residential, Logistics and ... […]
- Leclanché, eCAMION and SGEM to Build and Operate Network of 34 Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Stations Along Trans-Canada Highway on July 20, 2017 at 6:24 am
Natural Resources Canada to Provide Significant Funding for Initiative to Boost Electric Vehicle Adoption Under Canadian Energy Innovation Program TORONTO, DALLAS and YVERDON LES BAINS, Switzerland, July 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Canada's electric vehicle ... […]
- Always Have 2–3 Options (For EV Charging) on July 20, 2017 at 1:00 am
It took a while to find the charging station. I don’t think there were any signs guiding electric car drivers to it and it was in a gated area separate from the normal parking. But a helpful parking attendant did help me to get there. When I arrived ... […]
- The Best EV Charging Stations on July 13, 2017 at 2:23 pm
After more than 50 hours researching over 70 charging stations for electric cars and testing five of the most promising models, we’ve concluded that the best for most owners of current electric vehicles (EVs)—Tesla owners should just buy Tesla’s own ... […]
via Google News and Bing News