The cost of adding this type of wiring to a house being built is only about $200
Electric cars continue to gain ground on those powered by petrol, but a lack of publicly available charging stations means most owners have to take on the cost of installing their own – which can be quite expensive. In an effort to encourage ownership, the city council of Palo Alto has issued a mandate that requires new homes to come prewired for the installation of a 240-Volt Level 2 charging station.
The process for obtaining a permit to install a charging station in an existing home will also be streamlined, on top of incentives and strategies designed to encourage residents to buy their own environmentally friendly car. A surge in demand has also led to record use of the public charging stations in the city, something which could result in more publicly-available stations in the future.
The cost of adding this type of wiring to a house being built is only about $200, a fraction of the cost to retrofit an older house with the right electrical service and wiring.
The Latest on: EV charging stations
- India Plans EV Charging Corridor Across New Delhi on November 21, 2017 at 11:32 am
The proposal calls for setting up 135 EV charging stations along the Gurgoan-South Delhi-Noida corridor. This route will likely cover the busiest routes of the Indian capital. The proposal has identified 55 locations, which also includes locations owned by ... […]
- Travelers juice up at Maryland House electric vehicle charging stations on November 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Sean McGinley’s arms pumped up and down as he did jumping jacks in the front parking lot of the Maryland House Travel Plaza in Aberdeen Tuesday morning. He wanted to get his heart rate up and his blood flowing. He was stopped at the Interstate 95 plaza ... […]
- Blink Charging Announces Third Quarter 2017 Financials on November 21, 2017 at 10:49 am
"We are pleased that revenues from charging station services continue to grow, which is a result of increased EV charger utilization, a key metric for both the Company and EV industry overall," stated Mike Calise, Blink Charging's Chief Executive Officer. […]
- Tesla to expands charging station program with Hilton hotels to up to 200 chargers on November 21, 2017 at 6:58 am
Back in October 2015, Hilton partnered with Tesla and GE to install EV charging stations at 100 U.S. hotels – becoming an early partner in the Destination charging program Now they have told us that they have installed chargers at 194 properties ... […]
- Hilton, Tesla Extend Charging Station Program on November 21, 2017 at 6:19 am
The stations are powered by General Electric and are outfitted to charge an array of electric vehicles including Tesla. "By teaming with leading organizations like Tesla and GE to add more electric vehicle charging stations, we're making the travel process ... […]
- Tesla to install even more electric car chargers at Hilton hotels on November 21, 2017 at 3:02 am
But to get there, the company has to tackle a far less glamorous task: Talking hundreds of thousands of hotels, shopping centers and stores into installing electric vehicle charging stations, and paying for the electricity those stations use. Hilton ... […]
- City of Pittsburgh Selects Envision Solar EV ARC(TM) Solar Charging Station for its Fleet of EVs on November 21, 2017 at 1:00 am
Adding the Envision Solar EV ARC emissions-free charging station to the electric vehicle fleet is one more step on our journey towards making Pittsburgh 100% renewable." - Mayor William Peduto "Pittsburgh is the latest city to recognize the benefits of ... […]
- Global Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market Segmentation and Competitor Analysis Report 2017-2022 on November 20, 2017 at 8:52 am
This Report presents an overview of the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market. It gives a detailed analysis of the different market segments. The data provided facilitates and provides a forecast by segmenting the market geographically, according to ... […]
- India opens first-ever EV charging station on November 20, 2017 at 1:48 am
Nov. 20 (UPI) --In announcing a first, a state-owned oil company in India said charging stations for electric vehicles can address some fundamental pollution issues. State-owned Indian Oil Corp. and online transportation network company Ola said they took ... […]
via Google News and Bing News