Researchers from the University of Alicante’s Department of Civil Engineering, have developed an innovative protection system for building works, suitable for use on the edges of the surfaces with a slope greater than 10°, such as decks and roofs.
The system allows to properly retain a would-be injured person, avoiding his/her possible impact against the system racks and also to prevent the fall of materials or objects. It can be easily installed with great flexibility to adapt to the characteristics of any building surface.
The main advantage of the technology is that it provides a simple laboratory-proven solution for the problem of impacts against the hard parts of the system with falls in building works with sloping surfaces.
“Security in such areas was not completely resolved so far, since the usual railings could protect against the fall in height but this exposed the injured person to injure him or herself even more when sliding and impact against the rail fasteners. This drawback has been overcome, adapting perfectly to the UNE-EN 13374 for Type B and C rails, without having to develop a complex system”, lecturer Ramón Irles Más, the person responsible for the research explains.
This protection system is robust and allows both the injured and the construction materials or other objects to be held back with a safety net, with low cost and easy installation. “It requires no equipment or skilled labour for installation, and it is completely modular so they can expand and adapt to the needs of each work”, Ramón Irles Más adds.
The Latest on: Innovative protection system
- JLG Brings Safe and Innovative Line of Products and Advanced Technologies to the ARA Show on February 18, 2019 at 2:58 pm
EDS is an evolution of the existing JLG Soft Touch System, which uses proximity switches to stop a machine when it makes contact with an object or structure. EDS uses innovative ultrasonic technology ... […]
- Innovative Foundry Technologies Commences Patent Litigation Against Texas Instruments, Volkswagen, Ford and Cisco Systems on February 18, 2019 at 12:15 pm
Named as defendants in the Chinese lawsuit are Cisco Systems (China ... ABOUT INNOVATIVE FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES LLC. Established in 2017, IFT actively engages in the acquisition, development, licensing ... […]
- Content Protection Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2025 | Cisco Systems, Microsoft, Google, Apple on February 18, 2019 at 2:14 am
The Content Protection Manufacturing industry is becoming increasingly dynamic and innovative, with more number of private ... of players that are currently profiled in the report “Cisco Systems, Micr... […]
- Possibilities of patent protection in Brazil on February 17, 2019 at 10:08 pm
This means that the Brazilian legal system does not provide for the possibility of patent protection for possible “digital ... After all, extremely innovative “digital solutions” may be thrown into th... […]
- Atlantic Health System Earns Spot on Fortune’s ‘100 Best Companies To Work For' List for 11th Year Running on February 16, 2019 at 4:39 pm
As a result, we are delivering the best possible care and ensuring an innovative, collaborative workforce ... identity theft protection and more. The Atlantic Health System Wellness Rewards program is ... […]
- Master Builders Solutions® presents innovative portfolio of concrete admixtures at BetonTage exhibition on February 16, 2019 at 8:02 am
For more details on the innovative products of Master Builders Solutions ... chemical solutions for underground construction, waterproofing systems, sealants, concrete repair & protection systems, per... […]
- Global Medical Alert Systems Market Revenue Will Grow at 7.5% CAGR to 2024 with US$ 9190 Million Market Size on February 13, 2019 at 10:57 pm
These innovative devices contact ... and traveling alarm systems are some of the most widely used examples of standalone PERS devices. Standalone PERS devices provide emergency protection in uncertain ... […]
- Global Fire Suppression Systems Market Report 2019: Annual Estimates and Forecasts 2016-2024 - Focus on Water-Based, Gaseous & Specialty Systems on February 13, 2019 at 6:15 am
... to-End Fire Safety Strategy Regulations and Building Codes Support Proliferation of Fire Suppression Systems Expanding Role of Fire Protection Engineering in Building Architecture Generates Parall... […]
- FlowGuard Gold Plumbing Systems Offers Piping Insights and a Chance to Win $15,000 in Materials at NAHB IBS on February 12, 2019 at 10:33 am
The booth will also showcase other Lubrizol brands: Corzan Piping Systems and BlazeMaster Fire Protection Systems ... IBS offers the most up-to-date and innovative education the industry has to offer. ... […]
- HII’s Technical Solutions division to support US Army’s NIIS systems on February 12, 2019 at 7:20 am
NIIS systems provide critical force protection measures to safeguard protect soldiers ... Work will be carried out by Technical Solutions’ Mission Driven Innovative Solutions group (HII-MDIS). The com... […]
via Google News and Bing News