Researchers from the University of Alicante’s Department of Civil Engineering, have developed an innovative protection system for building works, suitable for use on the edges of the surfaces with a slope greater than 10°, such as decks and roofs.
The system allows to properly retain a would-be injured person, avoiding his/her possible impact against the system racks and also to prevent the fall of materials or objects. It can be easily installed with great flexibility to adapt to the characteristics of any building surface.
The main advantage of the technology is that it provides a simple laboratory-proven solution for the problem of impacts against the hard parts of the system with falls in building works with sloping surfaces.
“Security in such areas was not completely resolved so far, since the usual railings could protect against the fall in height but this exposed the injured person to injure him or herself even more when sliding and impact against the rail fasteners. This drawback has been overcome, adapting perfectly to the UNE-EN 13374 for Type B and C rails, without having to develop a complex system”, lecturer Ramón Irles Más, the person responsible for the research explains.
This protection system is robust and allows both the injured and the construction materials or other objects to be held back with a safety net, with low cost and easy installation. “It requires no equipment or skilled labour for installation, and it is completely modular so they can expand and adapt to the needs of each work”, Ramón Irles Más adds.
The Latest on: Innovative protection system
- PayFort awarded as ‘Most Innovative Online Payment Service Provider’ on November 15, 2018 at 12:42 am
Dubai, UAE – 15 November 2018 – PAYFORT, an Amazon company, has been recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Online Payment Service Provider’ by the International Finance Awards 2018, an awards programme r... […]
- Patented, Innovative Infant Incubator System for Potentially Fas - WSIL-TV 3 Southern Illinois on November 11, 2018 at 4:00 pm
The AmnioBed is a novel incubator system for neonatal intensive care units incorporating ... warmed incubators in offering improved thermoregulation, hydration, and skin protection, helping to reduce ... […]
- SoCalGas' Innovative Natural Gas Capture System Conserves More Than 2.5 Million Cubic Feet of Natural Gas to Date on October 19, 2018 at 9:12 am
Instead of being released into the atmosphere, the natural gas is captured, compressed, and reinjected back into the utility's pipeline system for use by SoCalGas customers. The innovative process ... ... […]
- SoCalGas' Innovative Natural Gas Capture System Conserves More Than 2.5 Million Cubic Feet of Natural Gas to Date on October 19, 2018 at 9:01 am
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) today announced the utility had achieved a new milestone with its innovative natural gas capture system ... to join En... […]
- Innovative approaches for ensuring universal social protection for the future of work on May 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm
This paper provides a review of innovative approaches that countries have undertaken to close coverage and adequacy gaps, and to adapt social protection systems to changing circumstances and demands t... […]
- Integration of Innovative Ice Protection Systems on February 28, 2018 at 4:00 pm
This proposal fits within the framework of aircraft effectiveness constant improvement by reducing fuel and power consumptions. Its ultimate goal is to economically remove ice accreting on aircraft st... […]
- Innovative anti-theft protection now also available for Porsche classic vehicles on November 7, 2017 at 1:10 am
GPS-assisted monitoring is on its way: Porsche is currently developing a comprehensive anti-theft protection system for all classic models, allowing owners of Porsche classics to take advantage of the ... […]
- Innovative Cardiovascular Solutions Raises $5.0M in Series B Financing on July 11, 2017 at 8:17 am
Kevin Plemmons, co-founder and CEO, Innovative Cardiovascular Solutions is currently developing the EMBLOK™ Embolic Protection System which is designed for use in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacemen... […]
- UN’s FAO promotes advancements of innovative agro-aquaculture systems to enhance blue growth in Asia-Pacific on June 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm
South-South Cooperation is a very appropriate platform to scale up innovative rice-fish and other IAA farming systems,” said Hans Dreyer, Director of FAO’s Agriculture Production and Plant Protection ... […]
via Google News and Bing News