Currently seeking backers on indiegogo, the FABtotum might just be the ultimate desktop fabricator.
More than just an FDM 3D printer, the unit also has 2D milling suitable for carving everything from wood to circuit boards, with 4 axis machining which is also amazing for a desktop unit but it also includes a 3D scanner so you can go from real world to digital.
If the team from Milan can deliver on their promise based on their initial prototype, this might be one of the most disruptive stand alone machines to hit the market.
Their indiegogo campaign is looking to raise $50,000 with over $20,000 already raised and 47 days to go it is very likely we will get to see the FABtotum realized and shipped early 2014.
The Latest on: Desktop Fabrication
- Using SOLIDWORKS for 3D Printing on November 18, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Bringing your designs to life with 3D printing on the most advanced desktop 3D printer, the Form 2, is easy - simply import your STL or OBJ file and print using our free and easy to use print setup software, PreForm. Desktop stereolithography (SLA ... […]
- A return to desktop with FabPro 1000 sees 3D Systems try to take back small format 3D printing on November 17, 2017 at 12:42 pm
3D Systems is reentering the desktop 3D printing category with the introduction of the FabPro 1000, a sub $5,000 DLP printer that will form the starting point for its revamped professional range. The resin 3D printer is billed as being between two and four ... […]
- Intel To Assemble Coffee Lake CPUs In Chengdu Plant on November 17, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Intel stated that it will begin assembling Coffee Lake desktop CPUs at its plant located in Chengdu, China. To be clear, this notification refers only to the assembly and test portion of the manufacturing process for these CPUs and not to the fabrication ... […]
- 2018 iPad Pro To Feature Eight-Core A11X Bionic Chip on November 15, 2017 at 8:06 am
The 2018 iPad Pro lineup from Apple could feature an eight-core A11X Bionic chip based on TSMC’s 7nm fabrication. Tentatively named A11X ... 8 and iPhone X already rivals many of Intel’s desktop-class Core processors. The A11X Bionic should now easily ... […]
- Nexa3D, BEGO and XYZprinting Form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate the Transformation of Digital Dentistry on November 14, 2017 at 4:51 pm
"For over decades BEGO has been pioneering digital dentistry through our leading digital materials, our expertise in dental fabrication techniques ... XYZprinting is the number one global brand in desktop 3D printing products and services and is now ... […]
- Balco 3D Printer on Sale for £300 at UK Aldi for the First Time on November 12, 2017 at 9:59 am
Later this month, UK high street supermarket Aldi is selling a desktop 3D printer for £300 ... The printer also uses Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) and has a heated print bed. You can buy the printer from the Aldi website and if you’re really enjoying ... […]
- The PLUTO Desktop 3D Printer on November 9, 2017 at 5:32 pm
3Devised is about to launch their new “PLUTO” desktop 3D printer on Kickstarter. The machine is resin-powered and uses the “top-down” approach, unlike almost every other SLA-style 3D printer, which tends to illuminate (usually with lasers ... […]
- Routakit M Desktop CNC Machine Hits Kickstarter on November 9, 2017 at 10:27 am
Makers, developers and hobbyists searching for a desktop CNC machine may be interested in a new piece of kit which has been created by Louis Vissepo called the Routakit M. The Routakit M builds on previous Kickstarter campaigns and designs and is the ... […]
- Desktop Metal Announces International Expansion for Its Metal 3D Printing Systems on November 9, 2017 at 5:23 am
Desktop Metal, the company committed to bringing metal 3D printing to engineers and manufacturers, today announced it will begin accepting international pre-orders of its metal 3D printing system, the Studio System™, from companies throughout Europe ... […]
- 3D Printing: A Tool in the Toolbox for Makers and Educators on November 6, 2017 at 12:00 am
Brand has since taken a backseat role with 3D Parts Manufacturing and has pivoted his focus toward makerspaces – a place where technology enthusiasts can gather to make things using a wide range of desktop fabrication tools. At 64 years old, he’s now ... […]
via Google News and Bing News