For long-term hospital patients or people who are otherwise bedridden, bedsores can be a major problem.
Technically known as decubitus ulcers, they form when one area of the skin is subjected to too much prolonged pressure. In order to keep them from occurring, hospital staff regularly turn patients over in their beds. The MAP System is designed to aid those caregivers, by providing them with real-time imagery of the pressure points on the patient’s body.
Made by medical tech firm Wellsense, MAP (monitor, alert, protect) consists of two main parts: a pressure-sensing mat that is placed on an existing mattress, and a bedside monitor.
Thousands of sensing points within that mat continuously register how much pressure is being exerted upon them by the patient, and relay that information to the monitor. There, a corresponding pressure distribution map of the patient’s body is displayed, indicating high- and low-pressure areas. Using that information, staff can make sure to relieve pressure in the crucial places when repositioning the patient.
A countdown also appears on the screen, indicating the amount of time left before the next repositioning will be required.
The Latest Bing News on:
- COVID-19 recovery at home possible for most patientson October 13, 2020 at 10:27 am
A new study shows that the vast majority of patients who visited the Ruth and Harry Roman Emergency Department at Cedars-Sinai with suspected COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) symptoms, and who were ...
- HC: Why no commission to monitor patients' complaints?on October 13, 2020 at 9:17 am
Health Secretary, the DGHS director general and the DGHS director for hospitals and clinics asked to respond within four weeks ...
- Validic Releases Patient Experience Solution as Need for Comprehensive Virtual Care Expandson October 13, 2020 at 8:10 am
Validic®, provider of the industry's leading health data platform and solutions for scaling remote patient monitoring (RPM), has announced ...
- Innovative Technology Solutions and eCare21 Begin Business Relationship That Benefits Patients, Doctorson October 13, 2020 at 7:06 am
Innovative Technology Solutions (ITS) and eCare21 have announced they are establishing a partnership for at least the next three years.
- Frontline Call Center Partners with VBurchett Consulting to Improve Patients Experienceson October 13, 2020 at 5:15 am
VBurchett Consulting and Frontline Call Center are joining forces to break new ground in modern patient care experiences with a new ...
- UniQure enrolls next two patients in mid-stage AMT-130 trial for Huntington’s diseaseon October 13, 2020 at 4:46 am
UniQure (NASDAQ:QURE) announces that two additional patient procedures have been completed in the Phase I/II clinical trial of AMT-130 for the treatment of Huntington’s disease.
- Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases Set to Propel Growth in Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market: TMRon October 7, 2020 at 7:43 am
From 2020 to 2030, the global remote patient monitoring devices market will record a stellar growth rate of about 12.5%, compounded annually. It will add notably to market worth. It is pertinent to ...
- Digital Patient Monitoring Devices Market 2020 Global Growth, Opportunities and forecast to 2026on October 7, 2020 at 12:32 am
The Digital Patient Monitoring Devices market report includes the basic details of the industry and also provides a comprehensive overview of the entire market profile in a detailed fashion. Here the ...
- Mayo Clinic using remote patient monitoring to help patients recover at homeon October 6, 2020 at 3:49 pm
Mayo Clinic Hospitals are using technology to make sure those fighting coronavirus at home have some extra oversight from heath care professionals ...
- 2025: Patient Monitoring Equipment Market Analysis and Size report will reach to 19370 Million USD at CAGR of 3.2 %on October 6, 2020 at 3:32 pm
The report Patient Monitoring Equipment Market Analysis and forecast 2025 maintains enhanced dynamics and is overshadowed by a top player across the globe. The research report provides Patient ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Salisbury man facing trial in a neglect and death caseon October 9, 2020 at 9:38 am
A case involving the neglect of a 62-year-old Salisbury woman that allegedly contributed to her death is going to trial in county court.
- What are bedsores?on October 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical ...
- Kerala: Doctor, 2 nurses suspended after kin alleges Maggots in patient's bedsoreson October 4, 2020 at 1:03 am
Three health workers, including a doctor in charge of the COVID care activities in the Medical college hospital here, have been suspended in connection with the incident ...
- Doc, 2 Head Nurses of Kerala Covid Hosp Suspended after Maggots Found in Bedsores of Discharged Patienton October 2, 2020 at 10:29 am
KK Shailaja on Sunday alleging maggots were found in the sores of the patient when he was brought home after being discharged last month.
- Maggots in patient's bedsores:Doctor,two head nurses suspended in Keralaon October 2, 2020 at 10:22 am
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 2 (PTI): Three health workers, including a doctor in charge of the Covid care activties in the Medical college hospital here, have been suspended in connection with the ...
- New Devices Aim to Prevent Pressure Ulcerson September 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Pressure ulcers or bedsores are not only nasty unsafe for patients, simply put they're also nasty business for hospitals at a time they are trying to control costs and improve patient outcomes. The ...
- Maggots found in bedsores of COVID cured bedridden man; Kerala Health minister orders probeon September 28, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 28: Maggots were found in bedsores of a bedridden man, who was discharged from hospital after being cured of COVID-19, his family claimed following which Kerala health minister ...
- Maggots Found in Bedsores of Man Post Discharge from Kerala Hospital; Minister Orders Probeon September 28, 2020 at 10:53 am
Minister KK Shailaja asked the Medical Education Department director to look into the matter and file a report.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers: What you need to knowon September 23, 2020 at 4:59 pm
Here’s our process. Pressure sores, or bedsores, can develop if a person spends a long time in the same position. Also known as pressure ulcers, these sores form due to lasting pressure on ...