TOSA, or Trolleybus Optimisation Système Alimentation, is a new electric bus charging system that only takes 15 seconds to power up.
It is now being tested in Geneva, Switzerland.
The system currently in place has the vehicles constantly connected to overhead trolley cables or they simply have to attempt to run entire routes on one charge. The new system will have buses charging at every third or fourth stop using a device installed at the stop that engages with the roof using a laser guidance system. Once connected the mechanism delivers a 15-second-long 400-kilowatt boost to the bus’ batteries as passengers are getting on and off.
TOSA enables flexible routes and eliminates the need for messy and somewhat unsightly overhead cables. Additionally all of the electricity used comes from hydropower, so no CO2 is emitted at any point in the process.
The Latest Bing News on:
Electric bus charging system
- Charlotte Douglas Airport Adds Five Electric Buseson October 13, 2020 at 9:03 am
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is adding five electric buses to its vehicle fleet as part of CLT’s sustainability commitment ...
- Owensboro getting new electric buson October 13, 2020 at 6:08 am
Owensboro Transit System will receive $156,403 to replace one older bus with a new all-electric ... and will help establish unified electric vehicle corridors. The remaining 25% of the funds will be ...
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport adds five electric buseson October 12, 2020 at 10:44 am
The buses will begin transporting passengers to and from ... Sustainability initiatives at CLT have included the installation of solar panels, energy efficient systems, electric vehicle charging ...
- Beverly unveils its first electric school buson October 10, 2020 at 1:35 pm
The City of Beverly and Beverly Public Schools, last week, unveiled its first all-electric school bus, marking a significant milestone as the community ...
- G.M., Kleiner Perkins invests $30 million in Proterra’s electric buseson October 9, 2020 at 9:42 pm
Colorado-based electric bus start-up Proterra Inc. has raised $30 million from investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a Silicon Valley ...
- Beverly, Massachusetts Unveils Its First Battery-Electric School Buson October 8, 2020 at 11:18 am
The City of Beverly and Beverly Public Schools today unveiled its first all-electric school bus, marking a significant milestone as the community transition its fleet of school buses from diesel to ...
- Rochester RTS celebrates first of 10 electric buseson October 8, 2020 at 9:36 am
The electric bus project at RTS started in the spring of 2017 when New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced grant funding for five electric buses and charging equipment.
- New bus fleet charging system provides scalable solution for public and commercial operatorson October 7, 2020 at 7:37 am
One of the first offerings from the newly created Hitachi ABB Power Grids joint venture brings a "holistic" approach to large-scale charging ...
- Lion Electric Offering EV Charging Equipment, Expertiseon October 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The Lion Electric Company, which makes battery-electric trucks and buses, has launched a new division focused on making electric-charging infrastructure easier for fleets.
- Queanbeyan: Where NSW’s new electric bus fleet could be builton October 5, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Buses across NSW could soon be transitioned to a fully electric fleet under a swathe of recommendations by a parliamentary inquiry.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Electric bus charging system
The Latest Bing News on:
- CBJ Morning Buzz: Carolinas among hot spots with surging demand for vacation homes; Iconic DQ property trades; CLT adds electric buseson October 13, 2020 at 7:17 am
A quick look at everything you need to know to start your day, from local news to top national headlines, sports and more.
- Marin County, Calif., to Buy More Electric Buses After Piloton October 12, 2020 at 1:53 pm
The purchase of the additional buses follows a 2018 pilot that found the buses were reliable on their routes and reduced greenhouse gas emissions, despite having less range than diesel-powered ...
- Charlotte Douglas adds new electric buses to fleeton October 12, 2020 at 1:30 pm
As of Tuesday, some passengers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport who need to park and ride to and from the airports terminal will experience a new set of wheels. “It’s going to be a much more ...
- Marin Transit to buy 4 more electric buseson October 9, 2020 at 2:02 pm
The agency will have six all-electric buses by December 2021 as it moves toward a state mandate of a fully electric fleet by 2040.
- 1 Electric Van Stock With a Bus-Sized Opportunityon October 9, 2020 at 4:50 am
Electric bus and van company GreenPower Motors (NASDAQ: GP) began trading in the US in late August of 2020. With relatively little fanfare, its initial listing raised $37.2 million, a small fraction ...
- It's Electric As Beverly Unveils New School Buson October 8, 2020 at 9:12 am
The Beverly school bus fleet is going electric. At least, that's the long-term plan after the city took the first step toward that goal with the unveiling of its first electric-battery school bus on ...
- Arlington Getting Electric School Bus With Help Of Granton October 7, 2020 at 2:16 pm
The bus will be Arlington's first all-electric heavy-duty vehicle, and school officials say more electric buses may be on the horizon.
- Miami-Dade County Announces Plan For Electric Bus Fleeton October 7, 2020 at 1:48 pm
The county pledged to buy at least 33 electric buses in October 2019. An electric bus pilot program is set to kick off in 2021.
- Port Authority amasses largest airport electric bus fleet on East Coaston October 6, 2020 at 2:20 pm
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey officials celebrated acquisition of a 36 electric bus fleet for airport shuttles and other agencies want to know what they've learned.
- Hundreds of Blue Bird Electric School Buses Deployed Throughout the United Stateson October 6, 2020 at 11:19 am
Electric vehicles have experienced significant growth in the past decade, and school buses are no exception. Since their introduction in 2018, school bus manufacturer Blue Bird Corporation (NASDAQ: ...