Kiva is p2p-lending site that facilitates loans between lenders in wealthy countries and entrepreneurs in developing countries.
Now a new startup aims to bring a similar model to startups in the developed world but with an investment focus. The idea here is to fix the current inefficiencies of private seed funding for web and mobile companies, especially in markets outside of the hothouse that is Silicon Valley (i.e. Europe and Asia).
Grow VC is a new community funding model for technology startups. Here’s how it works: Grow VC will pool 75 per cent of membership fees into a community fund that gets invested back into ‘promising startups’ which are members of the platform. The fund is managed by Grow VC but all the investment decisions are left to members who determine how to invest their portion of the fund into other startup companies that they feel have the most potential. The most successful decision makers get financially rewarded when the community fund begins earning a return on investment. So, if you promote the best companies you make moola.
Joining Grow VC, and the basic features such as building a person profile, are free. Premium features come with subscriptions ranging from $20 to $140 per month, depending on how much money the startup company is seeking or how much the investor is looking to invest. For unlimited service investments, the monthly subscription fee is $90 per month. The fund is aimed at startups that need $10,000 to $1 million USD.
The Latest on: Grow VC
- China VC investment hits record high in 2017: KPMG on January 20, 2018 at 9:40 pm
The global VC market is expected to remain strong in 2018, with healthcare, biotech and autotech expected to continue to grow rapidly, according to the report. […]
- Ag-tech startups are working on everything from apple-picking robots to machine learning — and they could radically transform how we grow our food on January 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Since 2014, VC's have dumped close to $3 billion into the sector ... There are a number of startups working on applying big data analytics and machine learning to help farmers grow crops more effectively. Grownetics, a Boulder, Colorado-based startup ... […]
- VC investments will remain high but target new sectors in 2018 on January 20, 2018 at 6:33 am
In 2018, I expect VC investments levels to remain high ... Still others have raised money at valuations ahead of their metrics and will need time in the private market to grow into their valuations so they can provide a return in the public markets. […]
- Top VC deals: John Chambers starts a fund, and ex-Baidu exec scores funding for self-driving cars on January 19, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Jump Bikes (formerly known as Social Bicycles) raised $10 million in a series A round to grow its service. The New York City start-up was the first to offer dockless bike sharing in the U.S. Menlo Ventures led the round joined by Sinewave Ventures and ... […]
- General Mills' VC Arm Leads $17M Investment in the Plant-Based Food Company Urban Remedy on January 19, 2018 at 2:30 pm
As the company continues to expand its footprint, there could be potential to tap into General Mills' established and growing organic supply chain. In 2016, the company announced that it would double its organic acreage to 250,000 by 2019. While Urban ... […]
- Is farming ready to grow up? on January 19, 2018 at 9:58 am
A Plenty employee tends to leafy greens growing in the startup’s indoor facility in South San Francisco. The facility relies on 7,500 infrared cameras and 35,000 sensors embedded among the greens that monitor the room’s temperature, humidity ... […]
- Silicon Valley is 'becoming unhinged,' says top VC on January 19, 2018 at 9:46 am
Sequoia Capital, one of the Valley's most prestigious VC firms and an early-stage investor in Google ... Anyone who grew up with little -- hey, we never had a car or even a phone when I was growing up, but I'm still not sharing a room with you on a ... […]
- Latest Africa-focused VC fund dangles US$6m carrot on January 19, 2018 at 5:53 am
"Tech VC investment in Africa, with ticket sizes from US$200K to US$40m, has grown almost ten times from US$40m in 2012 to US$367m in 2016, and is already growing faster than projected US$1b annually by 2020. Most investment rounds so far have been led by ... […]
- Global Venture Capital Investment Market 2018-2022: Challenges, Drivers & Trends - Market to Grow at a CAGR of 27.48% - ResearchAndMarkets.com on January 17, 2018 at 4:08 am
Key vendors Other prominent vendors Key Topics Covered: PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY IPO market gains momentum Growing portion of new investments in China and India Increased participation from mutual funds, hedge funds and banks into the VC market Growing ... […]
- Bono’s VC Firm Is Said to Make Its First Fintech Investment, Backing Acorns on January 12, 2018 at 2:29 am
Now Bono is getting in on the action. The Rise Fund, a venture capital firm co-founded by the U2 lead singer, is making its first known bet on a fintech business by backing Acorns Grow Inc., said people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be ... […]
via Google News and Bing News