Kiva is p2p-lending site that facilitates loans between lenders in wealthy countries and entrepreneurs in developing countries.
Now a new startup aims to bring a similar model to startups in the developed world but with an investment focus. The idea here is to fix the current inefficiencies of private seed funding for web and mobile companies, especially in markets outside of the hothouse that is Silicon Valley (i.e. Europe and Asia).
Grow VC is a new community funding model for technology startups. Here’s how it works: Grow VC will pool 75 per cent of membership fees into a community fund that gets invested back into ‘promising startups’ which are members of the platform. The fund is managed by Grow VC but all the investment decisions are left to members who determine how to invest their portion of the fund into other startup companies that they feel have the most potential. The most successful decision makers get financially rewarded when the community fund begins earning a return on investment. So, if you promote the best companies you make moola.
Joining Grow VC, and the basic features such as building a person profile, are free. Premium features come with subscriptions ranging from $20 to $140 per month, depending on how much money the startup company is seeking or how much the investor is looking to invest. For unlimited service investments, the monthly subscription fee is $90 per month. The fund is aimed at startups that need $10,000 to $1 million USD.
The Latest on: Grow VC
- 4 Strategies for Skipping the VC Dog-and-Pony Show So You Really Own Your Company on November 19, 2017 at 12:30 am
Are you looking for ways to grow your business without raising VC funding? In this digital era, you don’t necessarily need to raise a lot of money to get your startup off the ground. In fact, raising money can become a distraction, often taking you away ... […]
- VC Expert Gurley: Bitcoin is Incredible Store of Value on November 18, 2017 at 11:31 pm
the reality that adoption continues to grow has made it impossible to ignore the cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, according to many industry insiders much still needs to be done as adoption growth continues. According to Ami Ben David, Co-Founder of SPiCE VC ... […]
- Parents must speak with one voice to raise godly children — McPherson VC on November 18, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Can you recall your most memorable experience as a father? As a father, my experiences have been memorable, ranging from when my first son, Fola, was born and seeing him grow to become a medical doctor and a father, to when my only daughter, Esther ... […]
- Unicorns: What Are They Really Worth? on November 18, 2017 at 2:59 pm
They’re not waiting for companies to grow up; instead, they’ve dug into the private markets ... with different classes owned by the founders, employees, VC funds, mutual funds, sovereign wealth funds, and strategic investors,” Strebulaev and ... […]
- Former Uber board member and VC Bill Gurley says it’s time for Silicon Valley’s unicorns to ‘grow up’ and get profitable on November 18, 2017 at 6:00 am
Tech venture capitalist Bill Gurley thinks Silicon Valley 'unicorns' are growing up and realizing they need to be profitable. But he also said that recent tech IPOs like Snap Inc.'s will lead private unicorns to possibly delay going public out of fear. […]
- A VC Perspective - India And The Artificial Intelligence Wave & Where Is It Going? on November 17, 2017 at 10:12 am
Taking into consideration the rate at which our neighboring countries are developing and growing, it was a wake-up call for many ... AI is now coming of age in India and is witnessing a renewed VC interest as projects like ‘Smart City Project’ and ... […]
- Disrupting the VC Industry Will Benefit Retail Investors on November 15, 2017 at 8:05 am
As VC and private equity have continued to lock down quality investment ... are frequently undervalued relative to their larger peers. These ventures are often growing, and they’re typically not traded at exorbitant prices, meaning a retail investor ... […]
- Founders of Colorado Impact Days see it growing national audience on November 15, 2017 at 7:15 am
“Right now, of all the VC funding in the U.S., about seven percent has gone to ... we are the first shark tank for good," Gripne said. "We want to grow to a national impact investing marketplace." […]
- VC Firm GGV Capital Launches Program To Help Founders Become Leaders Of Fast-Growing Companies on November 15, 2017 at 3:00 am
Last month, Chieh Huang, cofounder and CEO of ecommerce company Boxed, attended a two-day leadership session in New York. Part of a new program called Founders + Leaders, launched by one of the firm’s investors, GGV Capital, it had a big goal: To help ... […]
- DOUBTFIRE: Why would a VC invest in a profitable bootstrapped startup? on November 5, 2017 at 5:07 am
Anupam Arya What incentivises a VC to invest in a profitable bootstrapped company where ... Prasanna Krishnamoorthy So my questions for you — can you prove that: you can use $1+ million to grow 3-5x within 18 months, reaching $1-5 million in revenue? […]
via Google News and Bing News