The 2-second slide-folding bicycle was designed to be folded quickly while you are walking. Once folded, the rider can push the bicycle along with ease much like one would push a wheel-barrow.
This amazing little bike has a half-folding frame design that uses a swing hinge in the middle. And while this idea is not an original one (half-folded bicycles are nothing new), Mr. Asawa’s has created a mid-fold variation that is a rare combination of compactness and convenience. The locked frame hinge is released by pulling a lever on the left handlebar, at which point you can swing the rear wheel forward in line with the front.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Areaware Showcases Four Designer Bicycles (treehugger.com)
- eco 7 folding bicycle (designboom.com)
- Gone in 17 Seconds. The Bigfish Bike Folds and Unfolds Fast (treehugger.com)
- The Year of the E-Bicycle (news.slashdot.org)
- Compact Retractable Bikes – The Union Folding Bicycle is Convenient in Every Form (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)