This British biomass power station concept is one of the many projects being proposed around the globe as the search for renewable energy sources continues.
The visually stunning Teesside plant will be covered with greenery, provide fuel for over 50,000 homes and be powered by palm kernel shells – byproducts of the palm oil plantations and a seemingly controversial choice given the environmental issues surrounding palm oil plantations and deforestation.
Bio Energy Investments Ltd (BEI) has submitted a planning application for the project. If approved, the 49MW biomass fueled power station will be built on the bank of the River Tees on a barren site. It is expected to create hundreds of jobs over its two-year construction period and bring GBP150 million (about US$240 million) dollars of investment to the area.
British architect Thomas Heatherwick was enlisted to design this unique building which will appear to rise up from the surrounding landscape and the exterior panels will be planted from indigenous grasses. It will take up about a third of the currently barren site, and the remaining area will be landscaped to form natural grassland. It is hoped this will encourage rare flora and fauna to return to the site. The building will also house offices, a visitors’ center and a renewable energy education resource center.
The Latest on: Biomass Power Plants
via Google News
The Latest on: Biomass Power Plants
- Nabou Power Plant Closed on April 16, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Tropik Wood provided 5000 hectares of land for the construction and growing of the feedstock for the proposed biomass plant. With all the uncertainty and risks, GIMCO decided to obtain funding from ... […]
- Bernie Sanders Denies Closure Of Vermont Nuclear Plant Increased Emissions -- The Data Says Otherwise on April 16, 2019 at 1:46 am
But according to the US Environmental Protection Agency, biomass power plants produce one-third more carbon emissions than coal plants. In 2017, Burlington’s J C McNeil biomass plant burned 398,000 ... […]
- Increases in biomass power generation stop after decade of growth on April 15, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Electricity generated from biomass and waste totaled 70.6 million megawatthours ... and other allied industries and are used to produce heat and electricity in the electric power and industrial ... […]
- Biomass fuel expansion has ended on April 15, 2019 at 4:11 am
The Nacogdoches Generating Facility uses wood waste to produce power and is one of the nation's largest biomass plants. It generates 115 megawatts of power for Austin, enough to power about 60,000 ... […]
- DSM: Biomass CHP project reduces CO2 emissions at vitamin plant on April 11, 2019 at 2:18 pm
The biomass power plant supplies steam to the production facility of DSM Nutritional Products in Sisseln and other non-DSM production sites. The renewable electricity—enough to power 17,500 local ... […]
- Biomass plants ask state Supreme Court to intervene over law on April 9, 2019 at 8:12 pm
A group of biomass plants wants the New Hampshire Supreme Court to intervene in a dispute over a new law that would require Eversource to buy power from them at a discounted rate.>> Download the FREE ... […]
- Biomass plants ask state Supreme Court to intervene in dispute over energy law on April 9, 2019 at 8:11 pm
A group of biomass plants wants the New Hampshire Supreme Court to intervene in a dispute over a new law that would require Eversource to buy power from them at a discounted rate. CONCORD, N.H. — A ... […]
- NH biomass plants ask state Supreme Court to intervene over law on April 9, 2019 at 10:09 am
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) A group of biomass plants wants the New Hampshire Supreme Court to intervene in a dispute over a new law that would require Eversource to buy power from them at a discounted rate. ... […]
- Global Poletrusion Group Corp. Announces Follow-up to Power Purchase Agreement for Panama Biomass Project on April 8, 2019 at 5:46 am
GPGC is currently in the process of finalizing the financing for this project through Polaris Capital Power Inc. (www.polariscapitalpower.com). The initial cost of the biomass energy plant is ... […]
via Bing News